Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AT mines detonate by vehicle explosions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT mines detonate by vehicle explosions?

Well I was wandering around in my tank and all of a sudden this engineer jumps up and starts laying mines. So I jump out and try to shoot him and he hops into my tank.

Meh. Then I stick 2 C4 on him and blow him up. All of a sudden it says blahblahblah[killed]me.

If I was killed by C4 or teh vehicle exploding it would've been a suicide, not a kill for him.

Do AT mines detonate by a vehicle exploding?

Re: AT mines detonate by vehicle explosions?

not all to sure... i do however know if u have friendly AT mines below you and you have stolen an enemies vehicle if u get out the mines will blow the vehicle

Comment

AT mines are a type of explosive i believe. Before the patch, you could blow up mines with the big cannon of the tank. THe impact that killed the most was probally the mines.

Comment

Was the FF on for mines and clays?

Comment

mines will detonate on an empty vehicle. If you parked on them and then exit, and your vehicle moves a millimeter, it will asplode

Comment

Most likely debris from the tank killed you, which gives him the point since he was driving it last.

Comment

Hmm...

FF was definitely off.

If the explosion of the tank killed me then it would've been him[M1A2]me, not him[killed]me.

Comment

yes but bf2 is consistently inconsistent

Comment

Originally posted by spitsfreeman
                  yes but bf2 is consistently inconsistent
                  But then it would be consistent about something... being inconsistent

Comment

I've seen weird stuff happen. Check this out: I put some c4 on vehicle but die before I can detonate it. A moment later, I get credited with a c4 kill while I'm still dead. Can anyone enlighten me as to why?

Comment

That sounds like something I've done.

I threw mines on a tank as it chased me around, there must of been three mines out before one detonated. Killing me and four of his teammates as the mines all round us detonated as well.

Comment

I use the AT mines a lot and I can tell you they sometimes seem to work really weird. I like to use them because unlike C-4 they can kill after Im dead. Probably the weirdest AT mine related thing Ive seen is where I set some on top of the road coming up from the market flag by the Tow launcher which is by the square flag on Karkand. I set the first one down with no problem but the other 2 landed on thier side and rolled down the hill. I didnt know they would do that.
                        I do know that if you set them where a piece of armor spawns, thinking that you will get a kill when the enemy gets in to drive off, that they blow up when the armor spawns. The armor isnt hurt either. I saw it happen and hopped in the armor to see how much damage it took. The only way to do something like this is to find a piece sitting empty and throw a mine under it. Most people will lay a string of mines across the road somewhere but I like to leave one here and one there in the grass where people drive to cut a corner or just at random spots where people will not be looking for a mine. AT mines are lots of fun and drive armor crazy. Try it some time. . . . . .Red

Comment

Originally posted by bjack
                          I've seen weird stuff happen. Check this out: I put some c4 on vehicle but die before I can detonate it. A moment later, I get credited with a c4 kill while I'm still dead. Can anyone enlighten me as to why?
                          This is because when the vehicle blows up, the C4 detonates, and as you know C4 has a larger blast radius than the vehicle explosion. Someone must've been inside the C4 radius when the vehicle exploded.

Comment

Or, the vehicle drove into something hard enough to detonate the C4 charges places on it (kind of like the way a Jihad Jeep "auto-detonates" when it's rammed into armour)...

There are a couple of ways this could have happened.

Comment

Working...
                            X