Is there an auto-pilot in choppers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an auto-pilot in choppers?

Im really new to the game.. but played the demo version a while back. I really enjoyed flying choppers and became really good at flying... now landing.. lol.. thats a diffrent story.

I wanted to ask.. is there a way for me to sorta auto pilot the troop carrier choppers so as when i get it into a hover over some enemies.. i can switch over to the guns, fire em off for like 10 seconds.. then switch back to fly away? I see myself in PERFECT position so many times, but i cant switch over cause im affraid the chopper is gonna nose dive the second i leave the drivers seat.

Also... I jumped out of the chopper last night while over an enemy base. I thought for SURE my chopper would fly off and crash into a mountain side or something.. but for some reason.. it slowly circled well above the enemy base. Now.. im not talking 30 seconds.. im talking like 2 mins in a beautiful semi large circle without losing altitude. I know when i jumped.. the heli was empty so it wasnt someone else flying it. It eventually came crashing down.. but thats when i started thinking about it being possible to position it properly to fly itself, and you control the guns for a very short period of time.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Re: Is there an auto-pilot in choppers?

Nope. You'll have to get a gunner. Helicopters will rotate automatically and spin out of control without a pilot.

Comment

I wish there was an auto...but the answer is also no....like he said before me...

but come to think of it, where is the fun part? its not that cool to have an AP on a chopper....

Comment

auto pilot suxs, if u want that play BF Vietnam

Comment

yes, press f10.

Comment

I remember the auto hover in ofp, drove me mad everytime i acidentlly clicked it, far easier to learn to do it yourself.

I think the vehicles like the tank already remove the need for team work in the game, i like it that you cant (well most people cant) gun and pilot as it forces some sort of co-operation between a crew. Only thing i hate is not knowing where the gunner is looking in the transport copters.

Comment

Actually the transport choppers will stay up for quite awhile with out a pilot, they just spin. Some people do this in the attack choppers when they dont have a gunner so they can switch seats and fire off a tv missile, then switch back to pilot and fly off. Another trick is to switch to another seat and missiles will lose their lock cause the engine turns off on the chopper.

Comment

just press f10 while your flying in a chopper...trust me. it totally autopiloted me while i made a 5 minute phone call.

Comment

As soon as you exit or switch over, the heli will spin out of control.

I guess it's to simulate the pilot being dead and his body falling on the stick.

Comment

Not really, the tails tork (can't spell it) stops the chopper spinning due to the main blades anyway, if no-one is telling the chopper how much power to feed to the tail the main rotar blades talk (I don't know how to spell it for this kind of talk) will take over and spin the chopper.

Piloting a chopper in real-life is a delicate balence.

Comment

For auto pilot press and hold <alt> than <f4>!

Comment

Originally posted by -=TxG=-Phoenix
                        For auto pilot press and hold <alt> than <f4>!
                        works like a charm as well.

Comment

Alt F4 activates auto pilot for all helicopters

Comment

Originally posted by Mavrik347
                            tork (can't spell it)
                            torque (just so you know, not a grammar naziism)

Comment

Working...
                            X