Medic, best infantry class?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medic, best infantry class?

Medic is strickly infantry. It cannot kill armor. It cannot blow up jeeps. The only other class like this is sniper. They get claymores and extremely long range. Every other class is balanced. Medics aren't overpowered in anyway.

Comment

I like the medic class. Im mostly a full time medic because I enjoy healing and reviving people. The medic gun is so-so, I would much rather have a PKM if I were going to try and get kills. I hardley stand a chance against classes focused more on killing. Most of the time Im killed before I can get a health pack out or I dont even think of it, and when I do the enemy will advance and gain the element of surprise. Ill be caught with my pants down, and ill get raped.

The only time I ever get the time to drop a few packs is when Im up against a vehicle which is too cumbersome to get into some place ive run. Once Im exposed Ive got just as much chance at survival as anyone else.

The bottom line is, I find in battles it takes too long to self heal. In mellow moments its just as easy to seek out some medic or pack to heal yourself.

Comment

Smart medics > smart support.

Comment

Originally posted by Slacker317
          I do, however, think that Sniper and Engineer are the worst infantry classes, while I'm sure there are some that disagree. Snipers are deadly from long-range, but not so much close; whereas Engineers are more useful close-range than long. I believe the other classes to be better balanced than this, depending on the weapon and the situation.
          I wouldn't say sniper is the worst infantry class. Its only as good as the player useing, and your statement rings quite true. There are alot of crappy snipers. Worst for cqc? Yes.
          However most people who play sniper don't understand how to play one
          correctly. A sniper needs to understand common tactics and behaviors, and engage the enemy accordingly. Alot of people just sit out in the open and get naded or picked off/counter sniped. I have killed many enemy snipers because they chose a poor spot or they didn't know when to
          fall back to a safe location.

Comment

Ever played a clan match before? The only classes used are:

Medics
            Assault (Same gun as medic, but with GL and armor makes for a tough combo with a medic)
            support (for ammo)

I've seen a sniper/spec op or two, but in general those 3 classes are the ones used in matches.

Comment

Lets just nerf all classes to the point of knives only...

Why do you "They should nerf xxxxxxx because I like it that way" guys have to play my game?

Comment

i always play sniper,but last night i decided to go medic and try and get my basic heal badge,i chose the 2nd tier unlock for the medic(4get name)
                i was shocked at the acuracy of this gun,yes very shocked

my team were taking fire,i prone fire 2 shots and got a headshot,im like "wow"

runing around healing reviving best i can,as it was new to me.now and then i heal myself.got 47kills 35 deaths and my best round score of 194 i got my heal badge

towards the end i did use a apc but the enemy were always stealing from the main base so i had no choice but to take it.

to take the karkand mec main base back i went with a squad of 4 the engysx2 fixed the arty ect another took the tank i then took one apc a drove it around the back and parked in so it was hard to get out

then i took the apc a got the flag back,folowed by giving the apc to a engy ,then i went back to where i parked/hid the apc and folowed the engy for a bit.
                to top it of i got a legoin of merit award aswell

so from sniper to medic i can say its a good class,but i think i was still in sniper mode when firing the medic gun.

it was fun.
                oh well i must oil my m95/l96 for later.

Comment

medic is good, very very good .. but

1:1, it's not the best. If you have somebody you can count on healing you, you want to pick, say, assault over medic - just for body armor and GL, since you're getting healed anyway. Sure, grenades may give you extra kills in 64/64 mayhem, but when you're going against someone good who knows you're there, they're not very useful at all. And when you run out of rifle ammo, would you rather break out GL and then pistol or just pistol ?

Reason most people pick medic for killing is because, when you go play on some server, you can never count on your teammates for anything, and need to carry those healing bags yourself..

And guns are the same as what assault packs anyway. You can give medics mp5:s as unlocks, and they're still as deadly, since M16 and AKs are best ones for city maps, where most of the infantry battles happen

Comment

Originally posted by Pilioka
                    Medic is strickly infantry. It cannot kill armor. It cannot blow up jeeps. The only other class like this is sniper. They get claymores and extremely long range. Every other class is balanced. Medics aren't overpowered in anyway.
                    what he said.. the only reason you want the medics nerfed is probably because you've come to the point where you can't stand them... sucks for you, find ways to deal with it..

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka
                      Reason most people pick medic for killing is because, when you go play on some server, you can never count on your teammates for anything, and need to carry those healing bags yourself..
                      Best point in the topic.

One reason I DO play medic is so people can expect some healing and revives.

And a round score of 198 in Sharki means you can revive a lot of people

KBK

Comment

Sniper Is The Best !!!

Comment

Originally posted by markan dorka
                          medic is good, very very good .. but

x2

Comment

Give the assault a G36E as well.. then we shall see how good the medic is.

And before you compare it to the G3, G36E is just as accurate and it has tight 3 shot bursts. It is killer.

Its all about the unlock.

Comment

Working...
                            X