w00t first sarg now only 28,417 to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w00t first sarg now only 28,417 to go

hey all just wondering why the gap from first sarg to sarg master of the corps is 30,000 pts

and then a 10,000 gap to 2nd leutenant??

i mean i would think the officer rank would be more than 10,000 pt gap
    even though the butter bars are straight outa college and the sarg master is the top of the subordinate chain

just seems like a lot thats all im saying

what do you think?

ive only got 28,417 left to go and than another 10,000 for my butter bars
    cant wait

but at this pace being married and all itall be 3 months

Re: w00t first sarg now only 28,417 to go

Congrats man. You'll like the progress bar going up nice and quick after dealing with the 30k gap, trust me, so don't knock the 10k gap, lol.

Comment

Im in the same boat. On 28k atm and another 22k to go for next rank - thats a good 3 months more playing!

Comment

I need 11,5k to get rank Master sgt. I basicly have all my awards since being promoted to First sgt

Comment

yeah sounds like i will enjoy the 10k gap but still

well at least AF is comming out and ill be sure to get my wife angry at me staying up all night playing that!!!!!

Comment

Yep.............it's a long road to go for me too. Still got a couple of badges I need to get in the mean time.

Comment

sweet

yeah ive got almost all my vet badges cept for repair aviator heli and all the time consuming aa ground tact weapons zip and rope

oh wel doubt ill get those unless i get on a commanding spree

Comment

In the old system you'd still be a Sergeant so maybe it isn't too bad.

Lance Corporal 1000 Global Points

Corporal 10,500 Global Points

Sergeant 25,000 Global Points

Staff Sergeant 50,000 Global Points

Comment

Dito from 'captain' to 'major' => 25.000 :cry:
                  Still 15.000 to go :evil:

Comment

I don't think he's complaining about "only" being a First Sergeant, or about how large the 10k points gaps are once you get to Lieutenant rank... His point is that at the early ranks you need a few hundred up to a couple of thousand points between ranks (3000 from Staff Sergeant to Gunnery Sergeant etc), and 10k points between Lieutenant ranks, but in the middle, you need 12k points from Gunnery Sergeant to First/Master Sergeant and 30k from there to Sergeant Major...

The spacing is all wrong. The lower ranks should take longer, and the higher ranks should be left where they are, IMO, so that the huge gulf between ranks in the mid-level gets brought back in line with the gaps between the other ranks...

Comment

we're all there dude. im around 32,000 i would believe. it goes faster than you think. keep it up, you'll get there.

Comment

I am in the epic struggle to 50000 as well. Sigh. (gets a sandwich)

Comment

Well when I first got 20k it was slow a **** going up but then it gets faster after 25k, im nearly at 30k now.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                            The spacing is all wrong. The lower ranks should take longer, and the higher ranks should be left where they are, IMO, so that the huge gulf between ranks in the mid-level gets brought back in line with the gaps between the other ranks...
                            yeah i def think it should be harder to rank up in the lower ranks and easier like 15k per rank once you hit the officer's ranks

like 5k to first rank (corporal?)
                            7k to the next
                            10k to the next
                            15k etc
                            20k etc
                            25k ( i know im skipping some here) first sarg
                            25k sarg master corps
                            15 k for all next ranks

but thats just my opinion

i think it would weed out some of the less skilled players for a time (in a non stat padding world)

another idea i had was to have a continually updating rank system
                            where the requirements go up for the next rank everytime a certain number of people have that rank

of course this would be a stats and coding nightmare im not sure exactly how it would work but its an idea

i know some people think stats should be based on skill like accuracy and kpm instead of reg points for kills and easily paddable stats but that route also makes it harder to delineate between ranks

example:

accuracy 1.5
                            kpm 4
                            = sargent

i mean honestly how the heck would you be able to keep that up especially for higher ranks....like what are you gonna get demoted if your accuracy is 1.4999999

i dunno just some thought from a bored civil engineer

nice yeah last night i got about 1k+ just messin around along with my sf support vet badge and climbing hook basic (oh yeah im the best)

Comment

ive only got like 11800 points to go to my next rank.. so i dont give a **** about the stats anymore really... kinda wierd its so big point gap all of a sudden first my rank got cool at 5000 then the next(current) rank at 8000 ,and now the next aint coming ,before it says 20 000 points.. war aint fair man!

Comment

Working...
                              X