Guide to Creating a Succesful BF2 Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guide to Creating a Succesful BF2 Video

You simply have to turn down your settings, your computer can't handle it unfortunately.

Comment

Ok, i'm really new at this, (this being BF2 in general) and I'm wondering how I create a movie in the first place. I figured out how to record a demo (using the console ingame) but what can I do with it now that i've got it?

Comment

what are the commands that you need to type in to make a demo?????????????????????????????????

Comment

killalot: You have two major possibilities to create videos from your battlerecorder files:
          • Launch BF2, go to the "Community" tab, select your battlerecorder (BR) file, start it and record your footage with a third party program like FRAPS. If you don't see your BR file there, you will have to copy it first to your Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos folder within your "My Documents" (example path: "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos").

You can find your recorded BR files in your Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos folder (example path: C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Demos).

• Download BattleLauncher and use that instead. There is an extensive documentation available for it.

And last but not least edit your raw footage with any video editing program you like (Windows Movie Maker (included with WinXP), Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, etc.).

123ADz123: The most useful commands are:
          • sv.demoQuality 10 --> sets the quality of your demo file with 10 as the highest value (best quality) and 1 as the lowest
          • demo.recordDemo your_file_name --> starts recording your game
          • demo.stopRecording --> stops the record of your current game

All: For more informations please use the search function.

btw: you could have found all that with the search engine too.

cheers
          Mandos_2k

Comment

Where do i launch to play the demo. Do u have to have a specific program? Battlelauncher too do i have to have a specific program or something bcause it doesnt work. I dont have anything to open the file .rar with. What do i do?

Comment

jrp0024: .rar is not a BF2 demo file format. It's an archive file to compress other files like .zip files do. You need to extract that file with a program like WinRAR or any other program that can handle .rar files.

The extension for files recorded with BattleRecorder is .bf2demo.

btw: You don't necessarily need BattleLauncher to watch recorded demo files. It just summons BF2 internal features up in a more comfortable way.

Comment

i was talking about the battlelauncher when i download it its a .rar file and it doesnt work. Where can i get something to make it work? Sry if u got confused.

Comment

It's still an archive file. You could use WinRAR to extract its content for example. <click>

You can get a free trial there and use that to extract your archive. After you've done that you'll get some .txt's out of your BattleLauncher .rar archive and a file called "battlelauncher_1.2.0.2.exe" (or similar). It's a normal installer which should work fine then.

If you want to know more about BattleLauncher, you should use the search function.

Did I get you this time?

cheers
                  Mandos_2k

Comment

Yea man Thanks alot!

Comment

nice guide

Comment

thanks dude nice guide!!!!!!!

Comment

Anyone mind directing me to a place where i can download a free video editing software that has pan, zoom..etc..because windows movie maker is....well...yeah

Comment

rapidshare ftw

Comment

Excellent guide man, one tip from me, try not to use music that has been in 10 other BF2 movies.

Comment

i use after effects as well, well i know how to use it n one tiny area, i know how to make lightsaber effects and thats about all i can do.

Originally posted by eddyeddyd View Post
                                Anyone mind directing me to a place where i can download a free video editing software that has pan, zoom..etc..because windows movie maker is....well...yeah
                                you could, download the full version of adobe premier or after effects off www.bittorrent.com, for free ofcourse

Comment

Working...
                                X