Weapon Usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon Usage

Hey, I just got the G3 instead of the PKM and find it hard to use, with only 4 clips, and 20 rounds to a clip, I burn ammo fast and sometimes die quickly in fights, can someone give me a few suggestions on how to use this gun to it's full potential, or any other guns...thanks.

Re: Weapon Usage

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
    Hey, I just got the G3 instead of the PKM and find it hard to use, with only 4 clips, and 20 rounds to a clip, I burn ammo fast and sometimes die quickly in fights, can someone give me a few suggestions on how to use this gun to it's full potential, or any other guns...thanks.
    I will have to be quick. The G3 I like this gun. I tend to aim down the sight of the gun and fire a few shots this gun is accurate and powerful so you will find that the person will become no more. I would also suggest that you either work in a team with someone who will supply you. I found that Karkand was good as some people enjoy supplying and you can pick up any loose ammo. Also, try and get fairly close to the target this also works. Apart from that it just takes time and playing with the gun.

Hope that this has given you some help

Comment

Use single shot burst... It should only take 3-4 shots to the body to take down armored personel.

Comment

If someone is at a medium-ish range, go prone and do double-burst shots. boom-boom, boom-boom, boom-boom.

If its long range, just do single shot. Close range, you can go full auto... but you will empty the clip in like 5 seconds.. so be careful.

The trick is... make sure you are as efficient as possible. Try not to miss. The gun is powerful as ****, and you will get alot of kills... the trouble is clip size, and accuracy, while accuracy is still decent.

I was playing earlier, and I had a 15:1 k/d every round with the G3 (pretty good for a jetwhore.. rofl)

Comment

just remember..3-4 shot kill..so single shot it if its at some distance..but u shouldve gone with the pkm

Comment

Those 20 bullets are few, but they are plenty. you have to be considerate of your clip size, dont reload after 10 shots, 10 bullets are plenty for 3 kills.

I use the G3 often, it does not take many shots to down a guy, especially if you shoot him in the head. Head shots are hard to pull off of course so what i do is aim for the sternum. If you fire in bursts of three, each shot is placed a little higher than the last. So if you can manage 2 body shots and a head shot with the deviation of the burst your opponent will fall. The gun takes a little getting used to, almost a sensitive touch, you have to be relaxed, and cant freak out and start shooting when you see someone. Take your time(as much as you can) and aim for the upper chest, squeeze 3 off, you'll be suprised.

Softening guys up with nades will make easy work for you. The most important thing is to conserve your clip, i wont even reload if i have 5 shells left. When you are positive you have headshots go for them.

Once on Mashtur, i threw a grenade around the corner to clear it. I noticed the hit indicator and saw medbags being thrown down, i heard a few voices. To my suprise it was a squad of 4, i killed them all and had 5 shells left =v0

Comment

Love G3.

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
                Aaah, the G3. It is one of the best assault rifles. Both very accurate and does the most damage among all the rifles. 20 rounds per clip is more than enough to kill a person. I usually reload after encounter. That means 4 clips for at least 4 enemies. Average player has 1 death per every kill. Good players have 1 death every 2 kills (2:1 kill to death ratio). So if you take that into consideration, 4 clips with 20 rounds each is definitely enough.

Comment

don't shoot usless u know u going hit him? only takes 2 or 3 hits to kill

Comment

headshots are amazing w/ the g3.

Comment

try treating it as a sniper rifle with really crappy deviation and scope. fire medium range 2 shot bursts and expect to re aim a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X