Patch 1.3 - Co-Op Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.3 - Co-Op Question

Just wondering what the heck is happening with this co-op mode..

Maybe I'm still too much of a noob to understand fully this mode, so I'd like to ask a few questions of you hardened vets

1) Does this mode mean you will be up against bots as well as humans in multiplayer maps?

2) Is this a way of filling up empty MP Servers?

3) What's to stop an admin running a server from creating skilled bots on his teams side, and nerfing the opposing sides bots?

4) Is this an attempt to screw around with the BF2 experience, so it makes the upcoming BF2142 more attractive (i.e BF2142 doesn't have this mode, making the masses switch to it)?

5) AM I MISSING THE POINT SOMEWHERE?

Look forward to hearing some of you guys opinions..

I'm in now way a whiner, all of the patches released have helped the gameplay somehow, and made the experience more enjoyable, but this co-op mode does seem a step back (if I'm reading it right!).

Part of the fun of BF2 is killing other humans online ... if your fighting against mainly computer / server controlled bots, doesn't that make the game less of a MP game?

Re: Patch 1.3 - Co-Op Question

1- yes
    2 - no, they won't be available on normal ranked servers
    3 - nothing
    4 - don't knock coop
    5 - it's fun

Comment

Thanks for the reply..

If this is only for non-ranked servers then I'm happy, as admins have the upper hand if bots are allowed in my opinion.

At the moment admins have limited powers of kick / ban etc.. but adding in the ability to configure elite bots for your team seems unfair.

Comment

i dont see how co-op will be fun, u are playing against the AI players how is that fun??? seems pointless to me and waste of time

Comment

It will be bots vs. players I think (nonranked only) Dont even dream about it

Comment

BF2192 will have coop

Community Update - 5/08/06

Listen up soldiers - The future is here!

This week at the E3 Expo in LA we?ll be announcing a brand new game mode for Battlefield 2142. Titans will be the first new game mode in Battlefield since BF 1942 and we wanted you guys to be the first to get the low down.

Essentially Titans is a whole new way to play Battlefield, but what exactly is a Titan? Well, Titans are massive, heavily armored airships, which act as mobile bases for the PAC and EU forces. They carry a huge complement of troops, gunships, Battle Walkers, etc. The objective of the game mode is very simple: Destroy the enemy?s Titan before they destroy yours.

The variety of gameplay options included in Titan mode open up whole new ways of playing which are unlike those in any previous Battlefield game.

BF2142 will also include the Battlefield classic, conquest mode and co-op; and rest assured that we are focused on creating a brand new game experience that is packed full of new stuff including enhanced persistence, real time unlocks, build your own soldier, and more whilst staying true to the Battlefield heritage.

/The team at Dice and EA

Comment

the admin can't make one team smarter than the other, but he can make it dis-proportionate.

I used to do it all the time in BF1942C. If me and a freind were bored, we'd set the bots to stupid and the ratio to 12:1 and play on the team with only like 1 bot. Then we'd go after the 40 other bots in close combat carnage!

co-op is fun.

Comment

good

Comment

how does this differ from the co-op we already have?

right now, if anyone starts a single player game, u can connect to it through the IP......

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaCueUp
                    how does this differ from the co-op we already have?

right now, if anyone starts a single player game, u can connect to it through the IP......
                    correct .......the only way 2 pc on lan can conect through ip is if they both have internet conection.

or by starting a dedicated server on one pc,then when its loaded it will show up in the browser on the other pc.

but........

the other pc cant click join yet....they have to wait for the the host to close the dedicated and start a single player(8v8 on 16 maps size)

this is a real pain in the neck if you just want to mess about with bots with freinds.

also the new 1.3 hopfully will alow for custom maps (larger ones that i have atm) to be used.

i also here that the bots can be made to play the way you like,i.e 2 snipers 3 at ect on youre team and loads on the other team.

also i would like to see a option for unlock's to be avalible in coop mode this would add a bit more to the game play.

coop will rock........there will be lots of servers running it (hopfully)

Comment

If you're afraid of "expert level" bots.....

I WISH the other team were so easy.

Comment

during demo i played singleplayer online with a friend a few states away from me so its needless to say we werent on a lan. he just changed some settings and then i was able to connect to him. we had somewhere around 60 bots on the map and we got into a blackhawk and were mowing them down i think the game lasted like 2 hours and i had around 300 kills at the end. after that i was like well that was fun but id never do it again. AI IS JUST TOO STUPID. why anyone would ever want to go up against them instead of real people online is beyond me.

Comment

i hear the AI uses aimbots

Comment

well if its un ranked you can already do co-op missions, all you do it use the i.p that the master computer is using say 192.168.0.2 and you type in their i.p address in and is connects you to the single players map, this is what ive been doing for the last week or so

Comment

Working...
                            X