moved to the other team by the server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moved to the other team by the server

okay, correct me if i am wrong, however, i remember one of the earlier patches making it so squad leaders were not moved to the other team by the server. I can't remember which one, but i think it had to have been like 1.12.

I was on the raw west coast server today, was a squad leader, and yet was moved to the other team.

EDIT: went to the bf2 page and looked it up. here is it:

Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.

is this a bug, or did they change it back? is there some mod that allows them to override this?

Re: moved to the other team by the server

Your point being????

Happened to me before. it's a pain in the a** i know

Comment

What EA says - doesn't happen....

Comment

I think if teams are out of balance and everyone is in squads, it will still switch you, we have had this even with commanders getting sent to the other team. The teams need to be balanced, so if there are no lone wolves "dead" it will select a squad leader/member

Comment

did it switch you in the middle of the round or did it switch after the round was over? I have been switched after the round, but not during the round since the patching.

Comment

Don't forget, BF2CC is a 3rd party app running on most servers, and has team-balance abilities.....

Comment

I constantly see my squad members switched during a round usually near the end when the other team is loosing and idiots bail thinking the loss wont go on their record if they leave, squad leaders though i have not seen switched.

Comment

if they are running BF2CC then an admin can swap any player to the other side on next death

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                  I constantly see my squad members switched during a round usually near the end when the other team is loosing and idiots bail thinking the loss wont go on their record if they leave, squad leaders though i have not seen switched.
                  I've been a squad leader and have been switched. I don't know how they are doing it. I didn't think it was possible.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong (any server admins out there?) but I believe that on non-autobalanced servers the admins can switch people themselves. Maybe that's what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Tetra(UK)
                      if they are running BF2CC then an admin can swap any player to the other side on next death
                      this is true but most clans dont run it in game they run the ingame command line but if they do use that they are lame not to check for squad leader status...nothing frustrates me more than to fight for 45 mins to contribute to my team winning and then in the last 2 mins of the round to be switched to the loosing side...arrrrggg

Comment

it was in the middle of the round.

Originally posted by Nanufox74
                        Your point being????

Happened to me before. it's a pain in the a** i know
                        just asking a question.

Comment

I was switched yesterday in the middle of a round while I was squadleader of a full squad. I was later switched as a squad member right at the end of a round...I mean as the final ticket count 38-0 came up and I was switched to the losing team.

Comment

On our server we run bf2cc and you get auto-switched if not in squad. Yes we can swap players at any time if teams are too stacked for one side, we dont like walkovers cos its no fun. If everyones in squads then no one gets switched until we realise the theres an imbalance of numbers, usually politely pointed out by someone :laugh: :laugh:

We like to let the game flow without too much interference and we certainly dont kick for stupid things like, he got in my plane or thats 3 times hes killed me i'm gonna kick him :laugh:

Comment

Yeah, this infuriates me too, ive been switched regularly usually near the end of the round and obviously to the losing side, i got really ****ed one time as i had 2nd highest score on a 64 player full server and i was switched and squad member, but i lost the rag and asked the admins to put me back, which suprisingly they did, so cant complain there, but they should only switch non squad members first and if need be squad members and move up like that. I dont mind being moved if im not in a squad, but it should give a big massive text saying youve been changed as ive started taking out our own tanks not realising id been switched( and the red/blue tag bug doesnt help in this confusion ), grrr, anyone else done this? or am i just lame? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X