New patch slow gaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New patch slow gaming

Since installing the new BF2 patch V1.22, my system will no longer play the game at a good frame rate. My system spec as follows:
    Packard Bell Notebook: P4 2.6Ghz, 756DDR memory, GeForce Go5100 128MB graphics. Am I right in saying this setup should run BF2 well on low settings.

I can’t seem to update my graphics drivers, even when I uninstall the current drivers from add/remove programs in control panel (when installing new drivers I get this message - Setup can't find a better match). Could this be the problem as Im no genius on these matters. Any help or directions on how to install the drivers would be hugely grateful as I am suffering from serious BF2 withdrawal symptoms. :cry:

Andy_McNab

I thought I would post a reply to my own thread as I've found a solution to the graphics problem and it might help some one out in the future.

When updating the Nvidia graphics card drivers you may get a error message during installation (unknown hardware)

You simply need to update the nv4.disp.inf file located in C:/Nvidia, for more information on this look at the two links below.

http://fredfred.net/skriker/index.ph...ceware-drivers

:laugh:

Re: New patch slow gaming

good solution..used mainly for laptops but its good to get it out there

also..how r u getting "good" perforamnce with a 5100?

with my setup..i get like 20-30 fps and thats not that great

Comment

Re: New patch slow gaming

I see your problem. The graphics card in your laptop is probably the worst card on the planet that is still able to play BF2.

Kudos for managing to get it going.

Comment

Working...
      X