Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving a battlefield 2 installation

Hi Guys

I am trying to move battlefield 2 off my OS drive onto another.

I have copied it across, only change is the drive letter infront of the path is now E instead of C (C:/GAMES/Battlefield 2)

Reason I dind't want to reisntall is becuase I have special forces, euroforce and it patched to 1.22 and don't want to waste the time and until last night I thought I had done it completely....

I've changed all the keys in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Electronic Arts" for BF2/EF&SF, a total of 4 (2for bf2, one for euro force and one for special forces). I thought that was it as I couldnt find any other (I also changed the one after for the program install path to to with add/remove programs as it slipped my mind to start with)

Anyway I presumedit had worked (but had not deleteted the bf2 directory) till I started using the bf2 editor,made a quick level and it didn't show up in the list, had downloaded ariel_combat map and put that in and it didn't show up. Dropped them into the old levels directory in C and they started working :S

Anyone got any ideas were I still need to change?

Thanks

Will

Re: Moving a battlefield 2 installation

anyone? or do i have to resintall, sigh, guess thats a job for me to do at some point, suppose I can vpn in from work, and rdp to the machine :S

unless anyone has a bright idea?

Comment

I've never had any luck with moving an installed program to another location with a re-install.

A re-install is pretty much what you're looking for.

I hate it too, but it's the best way to ensure full functionality and compatibility.

Install BF2 from disc.
      Install SF (this patches it to v1.1)
      Install full v1.22 patch
      Install Euro Force

Comment

ah well cheers for the info,

any particular reason you suggested euro force after the 1.22 patch, as I have made sure I have everything for a reinstall but sort of though that would of been my last step after install both xpacks.

cheers

Will

Comment

I'd install euro b4 1.22

Comment

Euro Force won't install unless your game is patched up...and since it's easiest to simply install ONE patch...install the v1.22 FULL patch.

EF doesn't change any files though, it just adds new files and folders.

Comment

cheers guys, doing that now!

Comment

Ok, now I'M confused...

EA Downloader is saying that you should install v1.2 BEFORE Euro Force and you should install v1.22 AFTER Euro Force.

When I installed BF2 from scratch the other day after my reformat...I installed v1.22 and THEN Euro Force and I had no problem. It wouldn't let me install EF from v1.0 or v1.1.

I'm just sick of patches

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                  Ok, now I'M confused...

EA Downloader is saying that you should install v1.2 BEFORE Euro Force and you should install v1.22 AFTER Euro Force.

When I installed BF2 from scratch the other day after my reformat...I installed v1.22 and THEN Euro Force and I had no problem. It wouldn't let me install EF from v1.0 or v1.1.

I'm just sick of patches
                  There are EF fixes in the 1.22 patch also, so you need to reinstall 1.22 after installing EF.

So your list would be to install:

BF2
                  SF
                  1.22 full patch
                  EF
                  1.22 full patch

Without the reinstall of 1.22 after EF, you will get the unmodified content errors.

Comment

Working...
                  X