Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got SF and I can't connect to any servers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got SF and I can't connect to any servers.

I just got SF today and I installed it and everything. So I boot it up and all is well. I go to connect to a server and the whole loading bar fills and then when I go to join server I get

"This server only allows players with unmodified content to join. Revert your version of BF2 to the currnet official version to join."

I played normal BF2 fine the night before and hadn't done anything to it besides installing SF. Does anyone know what I can do? Thank you in advance.

Specs.
    Pentium 3.4 Ghz
    Radeon X800
    2 gigs of ram

Re: Just got SF and I can't connect to any servers.

After installing SF (or EF for that matter) you need to reinstall the full 1.22 patch.

When you installed SF (or EF), you are installing an early patched version so a reinstallation of the current patch is needed.

Use the full patch as there are fewer problems using that one than there are using the different incremental patches.

Comment

Re: Just got SF and I can't connect to any servers.

Thanks Cigar_man! I'll give it a try. I hope this works.

Edit: Now I can't even start BF2. It'll go to a black screen or go back to desktop after black screen. I got it to work maybe 3 times but it went back to desktop after about a minute. This is driving me nuts.

Alright I deleted my BF2 cache and lowered my monitors Frames per second to 75. and it works! Thanks again cigar man!

Comment

Working...
      X