Poll:Better with SF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll:Better with SF?

Ok, I'm thinking about buying SF, but most people who have it still look at the BF2 discussion page...so please don't move this thread

Re: Poll:Better with SF?

Buy sf, its awesome.

Comment

It is different enough to make it fun...try it

Comment

i agree..sf owns.

Comment

i would totaly love SF if they did not fock up the unlocks, so meaning that only sas and usmc can have unlocks wich at that point are default weapons not unlocks

this is the only reason i dont play that often SF

---------------------------------
          i'm the only one that has to puke about this new banner here bfroe.com? i sure hope they have to pay for advertising on here, hopefully a LOT

Comment

SF is fun for the weapons you get to use in vanilla BF2 but not so great to play imo.

Here's my main problem with it:

Everytime I play vanilla BF2 I lag at the beginning of the first round I play for around 1 minute. Then everything smoothes out and works fine. However in SF that lag lasts around 5-7 minutes and it SUCKS.

Specs:
            AMD 64 3000+ @ 2.0 GHz
            1 GB Corsair XMS
            Gigabyte 6800GT 256MB

Comment

SF is cool, but it is graphically intense. I personaly have a lot of lag issues myself with Special Forces. The weapons are a bonus, although i dont feel they give you any extra edge in Vanilla, as the default weapons are great as well.

Comment

Originally posted by deadman2312
                SF is cool, but it is graphically intense. I personaly have a lot of lag issues myself with Special Forces. The weapons are a bonus, although i dont feel they give you any extra edge in Vanilla, as the default weapons are great as well.
                SF pwnz!!
                I think the extra-weapons are very important and much better than the regular weapons in vanilla.

Comment

Hehe, funny to see so many pro-SF posts conidering how negitivly people reacted to it on release.

Maybe in hindsight we can now see that it was actually a perty good product, especially compaired to the whole booster pack thing.

Comment

I play more SF then bf2 for that reason, love the weapons!
                    (shooting gas )

Comment

how could more weapons not improve gameplay??

Comment

I like SF. You also find better players on SF, so it's harder too.

Comment

Add another SF fan to the pile. Special Forces fighting is much more 3 dimensional (and therefore, more exciting) than Vanilla BF2 due to the zip line and grapple hook. I was a bit lukewarm to SF when it first came out but am now playing it more than I play Vanilla. I'm actually getting to the point too where I LIKE the night maps. SF definitely requires more skill.

Comment

LOL, I think SF was worth the $30 just for the weapons I get to use in vanilla BF2! I still like SF a lot, just wish it worked seamlessly with BF2 servers though. Need to go hit up the night maps now that I have a good PC!

Comment

Are there servers that run both SF and Vanilla maps?

Comment

Working...
                              X