I updated my comp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I updated my comp...

Hey guys, recently I got a new grafix card for cheep, and today I picked up some RAM, here's what I have:

Diamond X1300
    1024MB RAM PC3200 @ 400Mhz
    Pentium 4 (HT) 3Ghz

What do you think I can play BF2 on? Med, High settings? (I was playing medium-low settngs)

Re: I updated my comp...

IM ABOUT TO SHOOT MYSELF. okay dood!
    how many threads are created each day, about people wanting to know what settings they can play the game at?
    here are some points and reasons not tooL
    1. you already bought the stuff, asking us wont make a difference.
    2. try things out, we probably dont know for sure and it all depends, just work it out, start somewhere and go lower or higher.
    3. it all depends on your personal preference of FPS over quality ratio. if you are fine with lower fps you can probably up the settings a little, like that.

now, since my post count is going to go up you can most likely play at low-medium settings.
    im sorry I ranted its not personal.

Comment

I was only asking so I dont have to fiddle with settings and load a hundred times when it updates the shaders, and there r THOUSANDS of people who play BF2 so chances r that some one will have the same or very close setup.

BLAM! oh god... he shot himself. lol

Comment

still med-low stilll not great.

Comment

Ram will not help FPS a great deal, it will help studdering and map load times, but your raw FPS will not suddently see a significant raise. Your game will be smoother however.

As Sacky said, go test stuff out and see.

Personally with an x1300 card my belief is that you should probably run everything on lowest with max distance and strive for 50+ FPS at all times.

Comment

Low - Med.. at 1024x768.

Comment

Working...
            X