cant build it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant build it...

damn i cant built a custom pc cuz of my parents but which sony pc works on gaming ...

plz hgelp me getting it today!

Plz Help Amnone !!!

Re: cant build it...

Ummm....

Sony PC? I think all they make is those umm what do u call em...VIAOs? something like that.

Just build one yourself and since you can't I guess just try to pimp out a ibuypower pc...

Comment

Yea, the only production PC's made for gaming would be Alienware, Voodoo PC's, and the Dell XPS. If you cant build your own id shoot for the dell. Alienwares annd Voodoo's will break you bank acount.

I play BF2 on an Aleinware Laptop. Outperfroms my friends desktop. Sony for gaming.... not really good. Like Alcorr says, tri and pimp it if you can. Best of luck.

Comment

Yea, the only production PC's made for gaming would be Alienware, Voodoo PC's, and the Dell XPS. If you cant build your own id shoot for the dell. Alienwares annd Voodoo's will break you bank acount.

I play BF2 on an Aleinware Laptop. Outperfroms my friends desktop. Sony for gaming.... not really good. Like Alcorr says, tri and pimp it if you can. Best of luck.
        Not dell, alienware, vodoo and falcon northwest are awesome pcs but are so expensive.

Get an ibuypower pc or something, but NOT DELL....they use pentiums only (at the time of writing), I have a pentium too, but AMD is so much better for gaming....

Comment

VIAO's ave very proprietary meaning what you got is by SONY and very hard to upgrade properly.

They are decent computers but not for gaming.

Dont let your parents box you into one specific computer choice.

If you MUST have a computer, then custom order or custom configure it to be built to order for you.

Comment

I would copy the specs listed earlier in this thread and take them with me. Tell the sales man this is what you want but you dont know what the number is. If your parents are anything like mine are, good luck on changing thier mind. I would stress that I also wanted a faster CPU if possible and at least 1 giga-byte ram. Another requirement is a decent Video card, Nvida or ATI chipset. Use the numbers listed earlier, on board video wont play the game good enough if at all.
            I looked at the Sony models and the closest one that might work was a VGC-RB42G but you would still have to add a video card. Good Luck. . . . .Red

Comment

Dell, Alienware, Voodoo, lol ---->...monarchcomputers.com

Why? because you can build a custom pc to your specs and they actually have excellent support (unlike dell who claims too).

or you can higher me.

Comment

I spent about 1000 bucks and Im fine and happy.
                See the problem you get into is everyone thinks this or that is better for gaming..but I never notice a difference.

I use pentium..I dont notice how an AMD would be better?
                I can run on high no lag, tho that is stupid to do anyways in this game since lighting and shadows will get you killed.

Spent 100 bucks on my Mobo, 150 bucks on mem, 250 on vid card, 50 dollars in cooling used a pentium from my old Dell and the old Dells HD and power supply..
                I can run Oblivion, BF2, FEAR..all on high..

Your not gonna play any better with better stuff..
                Sure a big flat screen monitor would be great..but is it gonna enhance my game play?

Go out and spend a bajillion dolars on the latest and greatest stuff and it will be outdated and 90% cheaper in 6 months.
                When my PC starts giving me sexual favors or payign half the rent Ill throw money at it..till then its a most important function is to be able to play at the minimum.

Comment

Avoid Sony!!
                  I'll say it again, avoid Sony!

You'll end up paying more for a lesser quality machine. As a tech guy, I've seen way too many problems with those over pirced chunks of turd. They have compatibility issues, suffer from higher than normal hardware failure, and their techsupport/warrenties suck (in my experience, that is). You're better off with a Dell, so if your parents want a namebrand, go with that one.
                  Show 'em this link for a basic system: http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...=19&l=en&s=dhs
                  I'd recomend these customisation tweaks:
                  Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

Good luck.

Comment

Dell is actually very close to pricing compared to building your own, and so is ibuypower.com or whatever it is. If you can't build your own those are just as good.

Comment

thats funny, my mommy wont let me build a pc

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
                        thats funny, my mommy wont let me build a pc
                        Give the kid a break... he could be 12 for all we know.

Jeeze. People get so damned jaded.
                        You never had parents or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                          Give the kid a break... he could be 12 for all we know.

Jeeze. People get so damned jaded.
                          You never had parents or something?
                          Unfortunately, SSG H was owned as a child.

Comment

Dude, avoid dell LIKE THE PLAGUE!

My mate got one of those DELL pc's, we tried to run halo trial on it (just to get a baseline benchmark), 20fps, mega-lag. They are all ****e, including the XPS's, that are apaprently also pretty crap. Dell also fills their PC's with shiatloads of bloatware, meaning they take about a decade to load.

Depending on how old you are, i would build one yourself. Failing that, get maybe an alienware (overpirced but good), or Evesham (my mate has one and i was impressed with their customer support).

Comment

Originally posted by Kris2456
                              Depending on how old you are, i would build one yourself. Failing that, get maybe an alienware (overpirced but good), or Evesham (my mate has one and i was impressed with their customer support).
                              Alienware = Dell
                              They got bought out last year, I believe.

I've worked on litterally hundreds of computers. Older Dells occasionally gave me headaches, but newer ones are generally perty good. Some oddities in motherboards (I had one freaking out not long ago because it thought the extra RAM my client had installed was a hack attempt), but as long as you keep them updated it should all be good.

The worst namebrands I deal with:
                              Centreno (radioshack house brand)
                              Sony
                              HP/Compaq (same thing now)
                              Certified Data (London Drugs house brand)

Comment

Working...
                              X