Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Enter SF Server with Modded BF2

Hey Everybody -
    Well I just bought SF yesterday, installed it, and played a few Single Player games to get the hang of the new weapons/maps. I was looking foward to fragging on a multiplayer map, but when I attempted to enter a server with a SF map, the entire map would load, my client data would verify, the join game button would show, but as soon as I would click it, it would say that this server does not support Modded Original BF2 and to revert back to the original.

What the heck??? I haven't modded the original BF2 at all, except for where I deleted the intro movies (Actually renamed them) and that's it!!

Does anybody know a solution to this problem? I want to play some multiplayer SF!!! The weird thing is that I can still play multiplayer BF2 maps, just not SF.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
    -Jordan

**EDIT** Please scroll down for more info on what I've done so far.

Re: Cannot Enter SF Server with Modded BF2

repatch to 1.22

Comment

Ok, I'll give that a shot. Are you talking about patching SF or patching BF2?

Ok - I patched to 1.22, and nothing happened. It still didn't work.

So I'm pretty ****ed off, so I uninstall EVERYTHING. I uninstall BF2, and SF. Then , I install BF2, install BF2 SF, and then update with all of the patches.

So now I'm thinking there is no way I could possibly get the same error. SURE ENOUGH......This server does not allow modified versions of BF2. Revert back to the original BF2.

I'M SO ****ED OFF.

This game has been nothing but trouble for me. Does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do? I'm really getting frustrated. It just seems like all I'm doing is fixing the game, everytime I want to play.

Please Help!!!
      -Jordan

Comment

I am having the EXACT same problem... hopefully someone has a solution

Comment

install bf2>install full 1.22 patch>install SF>install 1.22 again

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 Chr0nic
            install bf2>install full 1.22 patch>install SF>install 1.22 again
            I had the same problem when I just got it. Then I did that ^. And it worked.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Working...
              X