New computer and Battlefield 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer and Battlefield 2.

Hey guys, Im about to buy a new rig for bf2. Im not wanting it to be all that special with nice cases or anything. But this is what i have come up with.

Buy ABS Desktop PC Awesome V1D 60 4000+ 1GB DDR 160GB HDD ATI Radeon Integrated Graphics Windows XP Home with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

in that system i am putting new componets in it here they are -->

Video Card- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150145

PSU- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817103937

Ram- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145440

these are the final specs for the computer after getting them

- Amd Athlon 64 4000+
    - Nvidia Geforce 7600GT
    - 2 gigs of ram
    - 500 Watt PSU

will this play bf2 on High settings? is it a good buy and a good computer?

Re: New computer and Battlefield 2.

yep high settings here you come!
    that is a good computer and should last you a while (depending)
    suggestions:
    go with an EVGA card, they have a better warrenty.
    go with better ram. value is good and cheap, but if you want performance and stuff go with Corsair XMS, or OCZ gold those types of things.

Comment

Originally posted by sackynut
      go with better ram. value is good and cheap, but if you want performance and stuff go with Corsair XMS, or OCZ gold those types of things.
      Unless he doesn't plan on overclocking. If he doesn't then there is no point in spending more on ram.

Comment

thats true. but I would just suggest it.

Comment

no i am not thinking of overclocking so im just going to go with the value ram. Oh and is there anything i need to worry about like the timing or the cas latency or the voltage of ram? or does it not matter?

Comment

How much would it be to just build the computer 100% from parts, instead of the kit? I think it might be better to pick the parts yourself, because they dont specify if this is a Clawhammer or Sandiego core, nor how many sticks of ram, and the powersupply is marginal and not something I would want in a gaming computer.

EDIT: Also its a PATA hard drive, and the motherboard is only "ok" with its ATI chipset etc... I would stongly recommend getting the individual parts instead of the prebuild.

Comment

Originally posted by killemallbf2
              no i am not thinking of overclocking so im just going to go with the value ram. Oh and is there anything i need to worry about like the timing or the cas latency or the voltage of ram? or does it not matter?
              should be good.

Comment

alright cool, other than that is the other parts good?

and instead of the the 7600GT i might go ahead with the 6600GT then later on buy the 7600GT cause it is out of my limit.

Comment

Why are you buying 2 power supplies?

Comment

alright cool, other than that is the other parts good?

and instead of the the 7600GT i might go ahead with the 6600GT then later on buy the 7600GT cause it is out of my limit.
                    you can always do that but its a huge waste in my opinion. so you;re gonna spend 120$ on a low-medium end card, and then anotehr 200$ later for a medium-high....

when I was first planning on building my comp I was going to go with SLi dual 6600gt's. buy one, then when I have enough money buy another. but I strived and instead got a single 6800gs, and another later. i wouldnt do it, but its your choice. just ask for a loan from someone thats what I did parents rule!

Comment

Tell me your overall budget and I will pick you better parts.

Comment

twsmit, i am not buying 2 power supplies.

Ok here is my wish list so far on newegg.

does the link work?

also... what settings would a 6600GT work on with an Amd Athlon 4000+ and 2 gigs of ram? Im thinking All meduim (some on high maybe one or two) 85% distance scale and a 1024x768 resolution. Can it be better or worse?

Comment

twsmit, i am not buying 2 power supplies.

Ok here is my wish list so far on newegg.

does the link work?
                          no it doesnt.

Comment

ok let me write it out.

ABS Awesome Awesome V1D 60 Athlon 64 4000+ 1GB DDR ATI Radeon Integrated Graphics - Retail ---- $680

BFG Tech Geforce 6800 BFGR68256OCX Video Card - Retail --- $250

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 500W Power Supply - Retail --- $69

CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory - Retail ---- $41

Ok, here is my wish list typed out. Will this play bf2 on Med->High Settings? Could i have picked better things for a better price?

The total came to $1,040.96, which is perfect for my budget.

Comment

and again i say why two powersupplys? I dont understand why your buying a "pre assembled" computer, than adding additional parts to the system. Its 2AM so im not going to spec something out for you at this hour hehe, but what you have going is decent in teh right direction, but I'm not sure its ideal yet. 512MB of ram is also very very little for gaming etc.... Tomorrow i can spec you a $1000 computer tweaking what you already chose.

Comment

Working...
                              X