Crash to Desktop..any news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash to Desktop..any news?

wondering if there has been any developement on the problem of having the game crash to desktop and rebooting the computer....i have had both problems happen right when i am loading into a server. But when i get a new patch, it works perfect for 2 days. I also had the game working great for 2 months when i first bought it when it was released.
    I'd love if someone had some answers and help me....if needed i will send my computer details.

If there were a solution i'd be the happiest man alive.....dying to play...

Justin.

Re: Crash to Desktop..any news?

Do you have the latest version of your motherboards bios? Also, try turning your memory clock down.

Comment

I found that changing the in-game AA from 2X to 4X after a CTD helps a lot or alternately switching it from 4X to 2X or off

I would play, then quit and leave my PC on then go back an launch BF2 and get a CTD but they stopped when I fooled with the in-game AA

Or just reboot

Comment

Lots of issues can cause CTD. Not enough power from the psu, memory timings, heat...etc.

Comment

i rarley crash to the desktop. if i do its when i join a server and as soon as the weapons screen comes up i crash. but it never happens though.

Comment

Well i dont believe its overheating..because i'll start the game right after i start the computer while the computer is cold and i still get that. And plus my computer is in a really cold basement...i dono if it could still be overheating.

I'm not great with computers, so im not sure how to turn my memory clock down or how to search and get motherboard bios...i could try with step-by-step instructions. Also some info on how to change the in game AA...not sure how.

I have also tried deleting my cache which hasnt helped either. I also tried making another user on my computer and installing it on the other user just in case there is a program interferring with BF2.

my specs are...AMD Athlon XP 1800+ 1.53 GHz
            768MB of RAM
            NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256MB

Comment

my sesktop always crashes and i dont even know whats in my alein-ware computer!

Comment

get your own thread.....lol

Comment

everythime ive been p[laying bf2 lately, the game freezes, loops the same sound over and over again, and the system hangs........the only way to recover from this is to power the PC off, then back on, or to press reset button.....i am unable to finish a round, and usually occurs shortly after i get my first kill......at first i suspected a cheat/hack that boots ppl, or hangs their game/system, cuz it happened three times in a row after killing the same guy, but now its occuring more frequently......anytime i play, i cannopt get more then 3 minutes into a round.........trying to deal with such an unstable game is proving to be quite difficult.......hostility rising....urge to kill growing.....

Comment

hax off

Comment

Working...
                    X