• Show
Clear All

• Whats Holding Me Back Here?

My system:

Processor: AMD Sempron 3400 + (2.0Ghz)
    Memory 512MB RAM
    System Manufacturer: Nvidia
    Video Card: Radeon x1300 series 256 MB

I'm currently playing BF2 with everything on low except for effects. I want to be able to play with decent graphics, maybe everything on medium (with shadows) Yes, I already know my PC is bad... No need to tell me, just tell me whats holding me back the most.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Whats Holding Me Back Here?

RAm ur need atleast 1GB to play BF2 smooth, also ur GFX card sux

Comment

yeah def your ram
      second your card

Comment

Youll get away with your gfx card as long as you start by beefing up your ram.

Comment

k, thanks guys. Also, I like the way you said beefing.. lol

Comment

ram first definitly, get it up to a gig. then from there im not sure. the x1300 has been known to get some decent results, its not AS BAD as some people think, even though it is bad. the sempron aint that good, but at least its the 3400+ which is good (for a sempron). I would say ram, see where you are at and then probably video card.

Comment

is the x1300 really that bad? i have the ati radeon x850 pro and worse system specs than his except for 1256mb ram... and i run at all medium except lightings at low, effects and geometry high, texture filtering high, at 1600x1200 at 6x AA.

Comment

Originally posted by 22viPer22
                is the x1300 really that bad? i have the ati radeon x850 pro and worse system specs than his except for 1256mb ram... and i run at all medium except lightings at low, effects and geometry high, texture filtering high, at 1600x1200 at 6x AA.

x850 is a higher end card than the x1300.

Comment

Originally posted by lil_jimmy_norton
                  x850 is a higher end card than the x1300.

Amen....

The OP needs to upgrade ram first, then video card. A 2ghz Sempron is a fine chip, just a hair slower than a 3200+ A64 for the most part.

One must realize that "new generation" cards do not always out perform older cards. This is true within a product segment such as midrange "600 cards" as well as across segments. Many times a 2 year old "800 card" (such as an x800 or 6800) will outperform a brand new "600" or "300" card.

Its important to do research if you do buy a new video card, because logic would say a X1300 would outperform the old out of date x850 cards.... but its not true, even though its a x1000 card.

Comment

Working...
                  X