PC completely rebooted during gameplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC completely rebooted during gameplay

I've had a couple of CTDs before but last night was the first time I ever had a BF2 crash that rebooted my PC. Any ideas? (I tried a search first)

P4 1.8GHz
    1.25 G RAM
    ATI 9600 Pro (Cat 6 something drivers - upgraded drivers 3-4 weeks ago)
    cleaned all the dust out of my PC 3 days ago (air compressor)
    Was playing the Operation Peacekeeper Mod.

thanks,

bone

Re: PC completely rebooted during gameplay

happens to me every so often, with a crazy sound before rebooting. I thought it was a sound card issue at least the drivers but didnt fix it.
    It has happened to me about 5 times in 600 hrs of game play. The only other thing I can think of is a memory dump.

Comment

I had this same problem 3 times in a row the other night, now my graphics card is messed up and i have to send it to the manufactuer for replacement.

Seems like the problem was power related, which eventually casued the system reboots then permanent damage to my card. Y

ours might not be related to video, but BF2 pushes most of your system components to draw alot of power, make sure your power supply is decent ..350W generic brand wont cut it as I soon realized..

Comment

i used to get it quite a bit i found my pc was over heating so i just took the side of and iv never had a problem since...to lazy to but more fans

Comment

what type of sound card do you have?

my guess... its your ATI card, im having the same issues

google for a tool called "ATI Tool" read the directions and lower the speed of your card, this solved my problem

only issue i have is that once you restart you have load the tool again and set the speed everytime you boot up, try it out let us know.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give the ATI Tool a try.

Its only happened twice and both times it was on the same map for the Operation PeaceKeeper Mod. I played the vanilla right after the reboot for 2 hours with no problems.

One of the Operation PeaceKeeper guys thinks its the ATI card too and that I should go back down to Cat 5.5 - I'm not to keen on that idea, just because the vanilla is working so well with what I've got.

I'll post an update again tomorrow....

Comment

Hmm u updated your ATI drivers . Go and look if VPU recovery is enabled -when it is try to disable it . You card could get a bit hot and VPU recovery just freezes your screen and eventually reboots your PC. Sorry for bad english but i hope you get my point here.

Comment

Well I gave it a couple of days. The ATI Tools didn't make a difference and the VPU recovery didn't either.

It only happens on that one map on the Operation Peacekeeper mod so I think I'll just let it go and wait for another mod to be released.....

Comment

Working...
                X