What does you "killed" player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does you "killed" player?

What does "killed" mean instead of listing the weapon like c4, at mine, pkm, etc.?

Tonight I really noticed it a lot when people were driving over my AT mines. It would say motorboat killed player instead motorboat AT mine player.

Thanks

Re: What does you "killed" player?

I think it just gets added to your kit sort of like Arty with commander...though i did get a [Killed] in yellow and got an actual kill on the scoreboard once.

Comment

It means you get the credit for the kill, but that kill doesn't get assigned to any particular weapon. It most commonly happens with AT mines and claymores - when you die, those "linger" for a short period of time afterwards and can still kill people but it doesn't always give you the kill with that weapon. I've noticed it particularly if you've respawned as another kit that doesn't carry that weapon - eg if you were an engineer, laid some mines, got killed, respawned as assault, then someone drove over your mine and got killed: you get the kill, but it's almost like the game thinks "wtf? he's asault - he hasn't got AT mines!"...

It's annoying if you're particularly trying to get explosives kills (eg for your badge) since it doesn't get counted as an AT mine/claymore kill, but it does count as a kill in terms of your combat score, and it does take out the player/armour etc so it's not really too much of a huge issue. There are worse bugs in the game, IMO.

Comment

or like when you shoot something at those red exploding barrels and it kills someone...

Comment

Thanks, Gav, I thought it didn't count as a weapon kill since it just says [Killed]. And yes, I was trying for my explosive. badge, which I finally just got a few minutes ago. It was harder to get than I expected!

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

which one did you get?

Comment

Kills are also fall damage.. I love it when someone tries to run by jumping off a cliff/roof and I manage to shoot them down to 2 health at the last moment followed by a 'you killed bob' two seconds later :laugh:

Comment

I noticed this a little while ago and the reason you get the KILLED message seems to be if you deploy mines then die but someone runs over them before they are removed when your kit bag disappears from where you die then they show as 'killed' rather than what wepon was used.

Only know from my claymore antics but it seems to be the case here...

It does also happen when you shoot the red barrels next to someone and they get killed by the explosion! (I still LOVE doing that!!)

Comment

Yeah, the barrels do it too... I once had an enemy coming to cap the flag I'd just spawned at (Construction Site on Sharqi), and a couple of other guys appeared next to him - he must've been a squad leader. So rather than waste all that ammo shooting each one of them in turn (and risk one of them spotting me in the time that'd take), I just blew the barrel next to them and got several "killed" messages...

Watching the bodies fly though the air, limbs flailing all over the place, is totally hilarious too...

Comment

It really annoys me that it happens with AT and Claymores.

I've been trying for a while to get my BASIC explosives and I always manage to get around the number I need, but literally half of them are [killed]. Grrrrr

KBK

Comment

Strange one I got was that I had killed someone with a T90.

I hadn't been in one at any time in the game, leaving the armour to someone who could handle it, and I hadn't been near a T90 at any time.

Comment

I have seen that if you're anti-tank and you light an APC on fire and the guy doesn't bail out, it gives you a [Killed] marker, too. This has happened to me whenever I light a vehicle on fire while anti-tank, well I guess I didn't blow him up with that SRAW but it should still be an SRAW kill.

Comment

Yeah, I've had it as AT too... It seems to be the kill message the game gives when it's not quite sure what weapon to credit the kill with (for whatever reason)... Most of the time it seems like it should be pretty obvious to us (like the mine / claymore examples), but for whatever reason the game seems to be stumped and can't decide what weapon killed the player (understandable if you shoot a barrel and blow them up - should that really be an assault rifle kill?) so you just get a "killed" message instead.

It's stopped me getting my explosive badge before now too...

Comment

if take a fatal shot at a vehicle and the guy gets out but can't run away from the vehicle, the vehicle will explode and will kill the guy.

it will credit you as killing him using the vehicle, like troybob[m1a1]dude

Comment

Working...
                              X