Mature servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mature servers?

I'll put this bluntly. I can't find any servers that are worth a da** anymore, nor could I ever find them in the first place. Mostly, it seems no one knows what teamwork is anymore. An enemy can be capturing all our flags, but no one bothers to stop them, oh no, God forbid they leave their precious sniper perch to help win the match. I mean, once I was commander and I spotted a group of guys trying to sneak around and take the airfield on Wake. As any good commander would, I spotted them and asked someone to intercept and hopefully take them out. One of my team mates told me to do it myself. Another called me a ***. Unfortunately, this seems to be a relatively common theme throughout the Battlefield 2 community, people slacking off orders and screwing around.

This is where I need help. I was wondering if anyone knew of a server with good teamplay, not just good K/D ratios. Anyone seen any of these, or is this just wishful thinking? If it's the second, I have officially lost all of the very little faith I had in the human race. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mature servers?

Check out www.tacticalgamer.com 64.34.161.157 - right this instant it is running our in-house TacticalMod which is a Thursday and Sunday event. Rest of the nights are vanilla and soon to feature AF+EF as well. FWIW, none of our servers are ranked.

Comment

Ya TG is probably what you are looking for. There was a recent post informing about the recent server change that should give more info on how TG works.

Comment

I third TG

Comment

A good server that I always play on is the Moongamers Server which plays the Karkand map 24/7. It is really good and is watched very closely by the Admin who is {TA}Firestorm. He is one of the top BF2 point leaders (1st or 2nd place) with over 400,000 points. He takes care of any crap that comes up on the server and get rid of stupid players.

Comment

FBmatis is that Toshiro Mifune on your avatar?

Comment

^Yes

*hits submit reply*

"The message you have entered is to short..etc etc"

Should be long enough now.:b

Comment

Location?

Comment

I'm blanking out. What did Mifune do with Kurosawa besides Seven Samurai?

Comment

check out Project reality!!

new version is out soon. great teamwork, new sounds maps, gametypes.
                    and hardly any lamers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rexophane
                      I'm blanking out. What did Mifune do with Kurosawa besides Seven Samurai?
                      Getting really off topic now but he did 16 films with Kurosawa. I'll let ya figure out which ones based on Kurosawa's film list.

Comment

Read this thread in it's entirety. That will explain why there's very little teamwork.

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68579

Comment

teamplay is rarely.. happened to me like max 4-5 times of 150hours played.
                          Last time was on wednesday ,then i joined some squads, and suddently i met some ppl in a squad that actually cooperated.. so we had some good time and used our viop to communicate.. grabbed a lot of flags and helped each other out with ammo and reviving and we were together at all time.. Nice really,i didnt know anyone of them from before.. but there are still some out there who really do care about teamplay and not just point whore and be a noob-ass and such..

Comment

Some people care about team play... I'd even go as far as to say that there is probably at least one person who does on most servers... The problem is that you need to get a few of such people together in a single squad for it to make any real difference.

There are a lot of people who love to just go for the kills and bump up their combat score, but I actually have a team work score almost as high as my combat (in fact for a while it was higher than my combat score)... I know there's more to genuine team play than just scoring team points, but you get my point. Maybe... Lol.

When I join a server, I try to see who has a high team score on my team, and then look for that/those player(s) and join his/her/their squad... It doesn't always work, but it's a start! Another thing I do is look at the minimap when I'm in a squad - if the green dots are all over the map, it's probably not a great teamwork squad. If they're clustered together though, then the squad might well be a decent one.

Comment

Me and two or three other players decided for some teamwork in Warlord once. We had played a couple of rounds and saw that the rest of the team couldn't hold a flag worth a damn, so we headed for the TV station. One of us claymored the entryway and balcony. The other was a support, another guy a medic, and another who alternated between assault and specforces. We managed to inflict horrific casualties on the enemy while keeping each other informed of threats like zipliners, enemy armour and so on.

Too often though the squad leader decides to act like an ass and teamwork is non existent.

Comment

Working...
                              X