Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't inderstand the logic behind the medals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I don't inderstand the logic behind the medals...

Here's why: the entire purpose of earning medals is to show your skill, right?

Says who? Where's it written that it's about skill only? Time invested has alot to do with it as well. That's why it takes so long for some medals, that way you earn it.

Comment

it does take alot of skill to get a best round score of 100.

Comment

Find a server with 16 slots but 64 player size maps. The round lasts a loooong time and you should be able to get a score of 100 or more if you keep capping flags and defending. I managed to get 3 ribbons in one round on a server like that plus a score of 193.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
          Yeah, I think most people get it (if they're going to get it) on the run up to Sergeant or Staff Sergeant. Most players from Staff Sergeant upwards manage to avoid getting owned quite that badly... I was lucky and managed to avoid it in the early days, but a couple of my mates got it - one even had more purple hearts than gold stars at one point, which made him the subject of much ridicule!

Now I'm hoping I don't ever have a round that bad as I think that "earning" a purple heart as a higher ranking player is even more embarrassing - at least PFC Eddie Diealot who's new to the game has an excuse, but a Gunnery Sergeant with 160-odd hours played? Really should be better than that! I remember being so impressed when my best kill streak overtook my worst death streak though... Lol
          Okay so I got my purple heart when I was pvt and wanted all the medals obviously I know I can't but anyway people like Sgt_maxpower etc have the purple heart, that doesn't mean there noob, I mean he has a good k/d ratio and all the medals for bf2 vanilla, and all expert on weapons on vanilla, so have you ever though that people get the purple heart on purpose just so they can have every medal,badge and ribbon? so tell me when you get too the stage (if you do) with every badge/ribbon and medal but the purple heart, are you saying you wouldn't get it?

Comment

STUPID PURPLE HEART . I cant die that much with that few of kills if I try. I dont see you some of you are able to get it. That is one madal I can do without........................................... ........
            The whole time and skill thing that is why some people just sit at a point..no skill envolved why they just acquire the hours. They are probably beating off watching some BAREBACK MOUNTAIN and accumalating medals while there team is losing because they have to fill a slot with dipshi* over here stat pading....

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
              Okay so I got my purple heart when I was pvt and wanted all the medals obviously I know I can't but anyway people like Sgt_maxpower etc have the purple heart, that doesn't mean there noob, I mean he has a good k/d ratio and all the medals for bf2 vanilla, and all expert on weapons on vanilla, so have you ever though that people get the purple heart on purpose just so they can have every medal,badge and ribbon? so tell me when you get too the stage (if you do) with every badge/ribbon and medal but the purple heart, are you saying you wouldn't get it?
              Yes, I'm saying I wouldn't get it (deliberately). The purple heart is a medal I never want to receive, regardless of how many other medals I have or don't have. I'll never play enough hours to get all the medals and expert badges, but if I did, I still wouldn't want the purple heart to "complete the set". I am thankful that I've never been owned badly enough to get a purple heart (although I have had some pretty poor rounds - lol), and I hope I never will be.

Medals, badges and ribbons are supposed to recognise a player's skill and proficiency with a particular vehicle / kit / weapon etc. Whether you think there should be a time requirement on that (the purpose of this thread) doesn't really matter too much to that - the point is that they recognise achievement. I don't think the purple heart shows any kind of achievement, which is why I don't want one.

I am aware that some people deliberately play to get it (like I said in an earlier post, one of my mates did), and if those people want to go out and get one that's fine by me - it doesn't affect me in the slightest. It may even help me, if I'm on a server and faced by an enemy who's determined to die, in which case I'll do my utmost to assist him in his quest! (Is that stat padding btw, since I'd be "colluding with the enemy"...?? lol) I never said that anyone who had a purple heart was a noob either, so I don't quite see where you're coming from with the Sgt_maxpower thing (am I supposed to know who he is, btw?)...

Like we already discussed, most people "earn" their purple hearts when they're new to the game (when they could be described as a noob), but everyone is a noob at BF2 at first. But most then progress and leave their days of noobishness behind, leaving the medal behind on their record, but not meaning that they're a noob (now). Some others deliberately play to get it (which certainly does not necessarily mean they're a noob - just perhaps slightly crazy to my way of thinking, but there's nothing wrong with that). I don't even think you necessarily have to be a noob at the point in time where you get the medal (accidentally) - you just need to have a (very) bad round. I can imagine it happening if you're on a US team trying to attack Wake and you're totally overpowered by the Chinese. It happens, but it doesn't mean you're a noob.

But it does mean you had a round where you were owned really badly (deliberately or otherwise), and I'd just as soon avoid that if at all possible. I don't play BF2 to boost my death stats.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                Yes, I'm saying I wouldn't get it (deliberately). The purple heart is a medal I never want to receive, regardless of how many other medals I have or don't have. I'll never play enough hours to get all the medals and expert badges, but if I did, I still wouldn't want the purple heart to "complete the set". I am thankful that I've never been owned badly enough to get a purple heart (although I have had some pretty poor rounds - lol), and I hope I never will be.

Medals, badges and ribbons are supposed to recognise a player's skill and proficiency with a particular vehicle / kit / weapon etc. Whether you think there should be a time requirement on that (the purpose of this thread) doesn't really matter too much to that - the point is that they recognise achievement. I don't think the purple heart shows any kind of achievement, which is why I don't want one.

I am aware that some people deliberately play to get it (like I said in an earlier post, one of my mates did), and if those people want to go out and get one that's fine by me - it doesn't affect me in the slightest. It may even help me, if I'm on a server and faced by an enemy who's determined to die, in which case I'll do my utmost to assist him in his quest! (Is that stat padding btw, since I'd be "colluding with the enemy"...?? lol) I never said that anyone who had a purple heart was a noob either, so I don't quite see where you're coming from with the Sgt_maxpower thing (am I supposed to know who he is, btw?)...

Like we already discussed, most people "earn" their purple hearts when they're new to the game (when they could be described as a noob), but everyone is a noob at BF2 at first. But most then progress and leave their days of noobishness behind, leaving the medal behind on their record, but not meaning that they're a noob (now). Some others deliberately play to get it (which certainly does not necessarily mean they're a noob - just perhaps slightly crazy to my way of thinking, but there's nothing wrong with that). I don't even think you necessarily have to be a noob at the point in time where you get the medal (accidentally) - you just need to have a (very) bad round. I can imagine it happening if you're on a US team trying to attack Wake and you're totally overpowered by the Chinese. It happens, but it doesn't mean you're a noob.

But it does mean you had a round where you were owned really badly (deliberately or otherwise), and I'd just as soon avoid that if at all possible. I don't play BF2 to boost my death stats.
                Sgt_maxpower the person who has the highest rank so far, its been posted here 100's of times.

Most people don't get it by getting ''owned'' its called hitting the suicide button on spawn...

Comment

Originally posted by Michaiel
                  The time reqs keep people playing the game. End of story.
                  Not exactly...keeping people playing the game means greater opportunity for EA/DICE to sell expansions and booster packs, which equates to more $$ for EA/DICE. End of story. In the end, it's all about the money.

Comment

I deliberatly went after the Purple Heart before and even trying I couldn't die fast enough in a round. After I screwed my K/D ratio pretty well I gave up.

Now my K/D ratio is not too shabby actually. At least it's a positve score!

Comment

I think the point is that you get better at a class after spending 100hours on it and therefor are liekly to have enough skill in it to get a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                        Sgt_maxpower the person who has the highest rank so far, its been posted here 100's of times.

Most people don't get it by getting ''owned'' its called hitting the suicide button on spawn...
                        Is he? Congrats to him then... I never keep an eye on the leaderboards or anything - I know I'm nowhere on them, and that I don't know anyone who is either!

Suicide button, getting shot repeatedly... however people do it, it's still not something I want to "achieve" myself.

Regarding the hours for the awards... they've just lowered them, as I'm sure you all know... Coincidence that they lower the requirements shortly after announcing the sequel to BF2...? After all, it's just been said that long hours requirements keep people playing, which EA don't really want us to do once BF2142 comes out... They want us to move on to that instead, so they make all the awards in BF2 easier so that there's nothing left to play for...? Or am I being a bit too much of a conspiracy theorist here??

Comment

Originally posted by Sung_Do_Chuck
                          It's a n00b-medal: dont get it!
                          I've got about 5 of them...lmfao

Comment

Working...
                          X