Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't inderstand the logic behind the medals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't inderstand the logic behind the medals...

I think that any playtime requirements are illogical. Here's why: the entire purpose of earning medals is to show your skill, right? The amount of time that you spend as a certain army/in the game/in a particular vehicle has absolutely no reflection on your skill, in my opinion. I think it should all be about number of kills/revives/etc.

Re: I don't inderstand the logic behind the medals...

After 18 or 19 nominations Susan Lucci never got her daytime emmy...

They finally gave it to her... sometimes putting in time deserves some reward.

Also.... I think you still need some skill, because (I think) you still need 100 best round score.

Comment

Most requirements were poorly thought. Nothing else needs to be said on this subject... :P

Comment

Just wonderin about the Purple hearth medal. The requirements are as follows:

IAR: A K: D ratio of 1:4 with a minimum of 5 kills/20 deaths

Does it take any specific skill to die 20 times in a round, and get only five kills? Im only asking....

Comment

The time reqs keep people playing the game. End of story.

Comment

The amount of time that you spend as a certain army/in the game/in a particular vehicle has absolutely no reflection on your skill
            man. stfu and go to the EA website they are fricking lowering the hours down to 100/50 for the medals so please.....be quiet.

Comment

I got 2 medals last night coz they lowered the number of hours needed. Navy Cross and Golden Scimitar. But it was a **** way to get them, they just appeared. No " you have been recommend for a award " even thou I had done the other things to get them, just didn't feel right

Comment

Originally posted by dogfighter-uk
                I got 2 madals last night coz they lowered the number of hours needed. But it was a **** way to get them, they just apprered. No " you have been recomened for a award " even thou I had done the other things to get them, just didn't feel right.
                Those medals are never awarded in-game anyway.

Comment

They souldn't lower the req. on other medals, I know I willl never get them but they are supposed to mean that you are total freak

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl

Does it take any specific skill to die 20 times in a round, and get only five kills? Im only asking....
                    It's a n00b-medal: dont get it!

Comment

Originally posted by SnowControl

This is the Medal hope I never get LOL :laugh:

Comment

Lol... Yeah, my mate was talking about "trying for his purple heart" once, and I was just sat staring at his MSN windows thinking "wtf?? why would you want that medal?"

It's really not a good one to have! It's the consolation prize... It's the badge of "honour" that proclaims proudly to the world "look at me, I got owned sooo badly this one time..."

Umm... did this thread have a topic? Oh yeah... hours needed for service medals... Well, before they changed it, I never had a prayer of getting them. Any of them. Not when you needed like 4500 hours per army... Even now they've lowered the requirements I'm still not eligible for any because I only average about 40mins play per day (although it does make them seem achievable, which of course is why EA have done it - so that the casual gamer can feel like he can still get these medals). I have less that 200 hours logged, and that's spread over the vanilla armies and the SF ones, so I'm still quite a way short of even the revised requirements!

Comment

i got it when playing as a noob in the beginning of my time playing this game.. "You have been recommended "the Noob-medal"

Comment

Yeah, I think most people get it (if they're going to get it) on the run up to Sergeant or Staff Sergeant. Most players from Staff Sergeant upwards manage to avoid getting owned quite that badly... I was lucky and managed to avoid it in the early days, but a couple of my mates got it - one even had more purple hearts than gold stars at one point, which made him the subject of much ridicule!

Now I'm hoping I don't ever have a round that bad as I think that "earning" a purple heart as a higher ranking player is even more embarrassing - at least PFC Eddie Diealot who's new to the game has an excuse, but a Gunnery Sergeant with 160-odd hours played? Really should be better than that! I remember being so impressed when my best kill streak overtook my worst death streak though... Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                              Lol... Yeah, my mate was talking about "trying for his purple heart" once, and I was just sat staring at his MSN windows thinking "wtf?? why would you want that medal?"

It's really not a good one to have! It's the consolation prize... It's the badge of "honour" that proclaims proudly to the world "look at me, I got owned sooo badly this one time..."

Umm... did this thread have a topic? Oh yeah... hours needed for service medals... Well, before they changed it, I never had a prayer of getting them. Any of them. Not when you needed like 4500 hours per army... Even now they've lowered the requirements I'm still not eligible for any because I only average about 40mins play per day (although it does make them seem achievable, which of course is why EA have done it - so that the casual gamer can feel like he can still get these medals). I have less that 200 hours logged, and that's spread over the vanilla armies and the SF ones, so I'm still quite a way short of even the revised requirements!
                              Ive got the medal i got it when the recuirments were 1000+ hours to get a medal so i though id never get one so i went for that deliberatly.

Comment

Working...
                              X