Stealing friendly AT mines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stealing friendly AT mines.

My team was getting our asses kicked on karkand earlier today by tanks and APCs so I decided to become an engineer and plant some AT mines. I ended up blowing all my mines so I look around and I see a friendly AT mine and then it hits me: I'll defuse and steal my teammates AT mine! I didn't even know this was possible until today. I could see this becoming a new annoyance for all the engies out there....

Re: Stealing friendly AT mines.

I do this ALL the time, especially when I have already laid my 5 out and want to resupply myself.

On mine FF off servers, this is so, so important.

Mind you, I only do it to ENEMY mines, or when some nubcake makes his mines so obvious no tank will hit them, or blocks an exit.

Comment

I mentioned something about this when it was first announced that all mines were to be made pick-upable by their proper class.

When the feature comes in, I'm sure you will see spec up pickup up C4 and replacing it just to get themselves kills... same with Clays around flags.

I didn't think you actually got AT mines back into your inventory for defusing them currently, tho. Suprise!

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
        My team was getting our asses kicked on karkand earlier today by tanks and APCs so I decided to become an engineer and plant some AT mines. I ended up blowing all my mines so I look around and I see a friendly AT mine and then it hits me: I'll defuse and steal my teammates AT mine! I didn't even know this was possible until today. I could see this becoming a new annoyance for all the engies out there....
        Yeah how wonderful for you to point out here with such young, impressionable minds

This tactic is no secret.

Comment

It';s a pity an engineer can't pick up and redeploy a claymore.

that would be great.

Defuse C4 only though. he doesn't have a detonator!

Comment

Originally posted by Metasynaptic
            I do this ALL the time, especially when I have already laid my 5 out and want to resupply myself.

Mind you, I only do it to ENEMY mines, or when some nubcake makes his mines so obvious no tank will hit them, or blocks an exit.
            I'm talking about your teammates AT mines, not the enemies.

Comment

I know.

There's this ramp near the square at karkand. 16 player server, and the commander puts mines at the bottom of the ramp, blocking my tank in.

I roll my eyes, tell my squad mate to mind my tank, defuse his mines, and put them at the TOP of the ramp, below the sight line of any advancing tanks.

By the time a tank rounds that corner at the top of the ramp, they have no chance to stop hitting a mine on the top lip of the ramp, but at the bottom, they just grind to a halt and lay waste to the market.

Instead, my mines get the kills, I get back in the tank, we win, instead of being boxed into the market.

Comment

rtfm

Comment

why would it matter if your friends mines were blocking an exit if FF is off....

Comment

Heh, I had to do this hundreds of times today. AT mine friendly fire was on and there was an idiot blocking all our APCs and Tanks in with mines. Instead of killing him like I wouldve LOVED to do :evil: I just defused his mines and my teammates were grateful ^_^ Too bad you dont get points tho :hmm:

Comment

Dido! You can pick up an enemy’s mines and reposition them as your own; I do it all the time on Warlord! There are always mines at the palace that I pick up and reposition or redeposit. It will not allow you to place them as additional mines, your previous mines will be taken away, like as if you were resupplied (hope that reads right).

<Thanks 02zi3 for showing me I too am human!>

Comment

Originally posted by -=TxG=-Phoenix
                        Dido! You can pick up an enemy’s minds and reposition them as your own; I do it all the time on Warlord! There are always minds at the palace that I pick up and reposition or redeposit. It will not allow you to place them as additional minds, your previous minds will be taken away, like as if you were resupplied (hope that reads right).
                        You have clearly lost your mine!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                          why would it matter if your friends mines were blocking an exit if FF is off....
                          Most of the servers I play on are FF mines on.

It was an error, I meant FF on.

Comment

LOL, dang! your right!

I must have lost my mine, I mean mind

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                              I mentioned something about this when it was first announced that all mines were to be made pick-upable by their proper class.

When the feature comes in, I'm sure you will see spec up pickup up C4 and replacing it just to get themselves kills... same with Clays around flags.

I didn't think you actually got AT mines back into your inventory for defusing them currently, tho. Suprise!
                              after hearing that ..im sortof glad that they didnt put in that feature into 1.2

Comment

Working...
                              X