X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant Game crashes even after reformatting

I just searched and came across

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
    I have an X800Pro... and I crash once my computer starts getting warm (warm.... not hot...)

No love for the ATI people (this **** happens to everyone with a radeon I think...)

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and is ^^^^ that true? I don't even have to be playing for very long and it just crashes in even less than 3 minutes of being online playing... I have heard of people talking about an issue of crashes but I didnt really pay any attention to it...

Not sure what I need to do? It isn't a software problem... must be hardware...

Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
    1 GB of RAM
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    not overclocking

I think my BIOS is out of date and I'm going to fix that soon but I don't think that is the problem...

New Fans?

anyone please?

Re: Constant Game crashes even after reformatting

Originally posted by HailAngus
    I just searched and came across

I have a Radeon 9800 Pro and is ^^^^ that true? I don't even have to be playing for very long and it just crashes in even less than 3 minutes of being online playing... I have heard of people talking about an issue of crashes but I didnt really pay any attention to it...

Not sure what I need to do? It isn't a software problem... must be hardware...

Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
    1 GB of RAM
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
    not overclocking

I think my BIOS is out of date and I'm going to fix that soon but I don't think that is the problem...

New Fans?

anyone please?
    I had the same problem with my 9800 pro. Now I have x800 and it still crashes but not that often. I don't know is it the video card itself or is the combination of ATI card and 2400+ Athlon just won't work. I tried with the latest drivers but it didn't help. I emailed ATI but they didn't rerspond.

Comment

I do not have a card as advanced as the X800 but my video card is an ATI X300 128MB. The card is ok but I still on occasion get crash issues too. It is a real pain in the you know what. It really bothers me that ATI does not better try to fix these issues. I think it was a bad idea specifically designing BF2 for Nvidia cards.

Comment

moved to support

Comment

Yeah, i have the same problem. In game crashes. they are not as frequent as you but I'd say they happen once to twice every hour.

X800 256MB here also. and 2.2 gigahertz Athlon XP with ASUS A7N8X deluxe(or was it a -X?), 1.5 RAM. I've just kinda learned to accept it. I just kept on replacing and updating parts from the old system. Had a 9800SE and 350Watt Power Supply. updated to Enertech 450W.

Each time I added a piece it started out great again with no crashes, but slowly built up to more frequent crashes. I remove all back ground programs when playing. The only thing I can think that is left is Bus speeds on the mobo may be slowing down with time.

Oh, it also would seem to be more frequent with bot games or with medium or better settings. It bad that I've got a great graphics card but have to run all the settings on low no? Well I do set textures and geometries to medium.

Comment

Thanks for the replies... never thought about the possible problem of the game being made by nVidia and having an ATI

Comment

I went from almost the same setup (p4 3.0, 9600xt 256mb, and 1gb ram). Never any problems--just ugliness associated with a good medium-end (at the time) gpu. CTD's happen very infrequently, maybe once or twice a week.

I upgraded to an x800xt AIW, and still CTD once in a while from in-game, but the game looks pretty sweet now (for the price, anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by HailAngus
                Thanks for the replies... never thought about the possible problem of the game being made by nVidia and having an ATI

The game wasn't made by Nvidia. It was just supposedly optimised to perform better on Nvidia cards.

Comment

Working...
                X