Mod Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Tips?

Can anybody give me any advice on making a mod and recruiting for a mod? My mod team has no members who can help make the mod, and I was wondering if there was any server providers that allowed mods installed. Are there any people that are willing to join my mod team and stuff for free?

And Do you have any advice for my mod or for making a tournament centered around my mod?

visit www.archipeliganwarfare.phpbbnow.com

[edit] and what are the system requirements for the map editor?

Re: Mod Tips?

With all due respect, hoping to just find a team to make your mod for you is unrealistic. If you really want your mod to go somewhere, you'll need to put a lot of work into it yourself. This forum, and mod forums everywhere, are absolutely flooded with "concept guys" who bring nothing more to the table than an idea. If you want your mod to make progress, i suggest you learn how to model, skin, and code yourself, even if its just rudimentary.

Comment

My map editor doesn't work, my video card dosn't support the editor

I have an ATI Radeon 9250, and it dosn't work with the editor, it works with BF2, though

Any solution to my problem?

Comment

I wasnt aware the editor required a better video card than the game, but strictly speaking the editor isn't really necessary. It's not ideal to learn with, but notepad can do everything the editor does save maps, and then im almost positive there are 3rd party solutions, but i don't know much about mapmaking.

Of course, the editor is a lot easier, and if your current video card doesn't run it, the obvious solution is a better video card. I'm not sure what the requirement is, but the official editor forums probably have some information on that buried somewhere.

Comment

Working...
        X