Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question: is it possible to change your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question: is it possible to change your country?

Yeah, I know we got a lot of "is it possible to change my name"-threads here. But I do not find an answer to this:
    When I setup my charakter I was laughing so much about the fact that you can choose countries like Haiiti and North-Korea. So I have chosen North Korea as my country and you will never guess what happened: EA was setting back my country to USA!! I guess for political reasons..
    Iam no American!!!1

Is it even not possible to change your country???

I used the search-option of this forum but didn't find what I'm searching.
    It would be great if somebody of you could answer me this question. THX!!

Re: question: is it possible to change your country?

No it's not possible.

Comment

are you playing in the US though?

Comment

I quess u dont exactly pick iraq or vietnam if U are from usa.. for kidding reasons.. :/

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
          are you playing in the US though?
          Very very rarely.
          I'm always on european servers.

Originally posted by Rambo-82(NOR)
          I quess u dont exactly pick iraq or vietnam if U are from usa.. for kidding reasons.. :/
          Huk? I'm European. As I mentioned I'm not from the US <- that's the reason I want to change the country in my stats-log.

Comment

It probably goes from where your computer connects to the EA server, probably if you connect from a different country it might change it to that country. That's how i think it works.

Comment

Originally posted by papi4baby
              It probably goes from where your computer connects to the EA server, probably if you connect from a different country it might change it to that country. That's how i think it works.
              I was always connecting from Europe. I have never been in America. I really like to visit this country but I'm too poor for paying a flight-ticket. :laugh:

Comment

If you have a really old gamespy account (older then 3 years i think) apparently it defaults to USA regardless of what country you choose when installing BF2 for the first time, this is down to the original gamespy accounts not actually having an option to choose location and when it added it it just auto selected USA for the old members.

Obviously this isnt a problem for me as i would have chose it anyway but i have 2 online friends from England that also have been defaulted to an American flag.

I think the best solution would be to have a one-time amenesty for everyone to change their names/location for maybe a weekend (with plenty of advanced warning) and then go back to a locked account as it is now. I am all for the current way it works with no name changing as it cuts down on griefers and people not taking responsibility for thier actions but just to sort out these few glitches a one-ff change would be best.

Comment

Thanks for the answers!
                  So I'm forced to play as an American

It's a nice country so I will deal with it :laugh:

Comment

Mine better not get switched back. I started a new account and since I was born in Barbados, I used that flag instead so hopefully it stays.

Comment

I thought it was based on the version of media you have. If the copy of BF2 was printed for US distribution, the you are branded US. If you got a copy for the European market, you can get the French, German, or Greek etc. flags. I thought the keys were ear-marked for certain country codes. If you did not by an Asia copy, then you are not going to be able to pick North Korea, Taiwan, or Japan.

Comment

Hmmm.... I think it couldn't depend on your version:
                        I got a Us flag in my stats but a German version (German menues, German sounds...)

I will try to send an e-mail to EA: They will never answer but in this way I am sure that I tried everything

Comment

Originally posted by Sung_Do_Chuck
                          question: is it possible to change your country?
                          Political involvment, awarness, civil disobediance, and protest are all effective ways to bring about change in your country's governmental system.

Hu? That's not what you're talking about?

Lesson learned: Read the posts, not just the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                            Political involvment, awarness, civil disobediance, and protest are all effective ways to bring about change in your country's governmental system.

Hu? That's not what you're talking about?

Lesson learned: Read the posts, not just the title.

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
                              I thought it was based on the version of media you have. If the copy of BF2 was printed for US distribution, the you are branded US. If you got a copy for the European market, you can get the French, German, or Greek etc. flags. I thought the keys were ear-marked for certain country codes. If you did not by an Asia copy, then you are not going to be able to pick North Korea, Taiwan, or Japan.
                              That's completly false, you choose the location (by country) when you make your gamespy account - either ingame or online. Only the bug with iolder acounts i have described above will change the flag to anything other then the one you select.

Comment

Working...
                              X