Medic L85A1 Sniping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medic L85A1 Sniping

I started out as a devout sniper but after not being able to consistently break the 20 per round barrier I became a Medic. I now can get 30+ points and rank up there (and likely do my team more good). Recently I was by one of my old sniping spots and fired off some shots for old time sake and realized: sniping with the L85A1 is way more efficient. Sure, you only hit 1 in 4 shots at a distance but you have a 30 shot magazine. I have been racking up kills this way and likely p***ing off the one-shotters around me. Also, if you get up on a perch with 2 or 3 snipers, you get revive points keeping their weak asses alive. A good example is the Hotel spawn in Mashtur, where there are always snipers shooting across the river. Keep them alive and kill some enemy snipers on the other side. I had 49 points with 14 kills and 2 deaths. Pretty good for me. Anyone else swear by this gun?

Re: Medic L85A1 Sniping

I prefer it to the G36E like (don't ask me why, all you 36 lovers out there), but I wouldn't say I could use it for sniping?

Comment

L85A1 has a good scope. I also smite the G36E because it doesn't have full auto, and I am a bit of a retard in close combat so I need as many bullets per click as I can get.

Comment

Thats also why I don't like the G36E.

Although I do use the L85A1 in bursts, you can't beat loosing off 30 rounds in one go when someone bumps into you coming round the corner the other way.

Comment

I love the G36E because it's powerful...lately I've been getting killed, it would seem, with only one shot.

L85A1 is a powerful gun as well, but the recoil and bullet deviation seems too much for me.

Comment

Now that the L85 can headshot to kill it is a nice foil to the 36e. Most times on city maps the 36e is nicer for its burst and low recoil penalties, but at medium distance the L85 can get you some nice headshot kills, the recoil is still a bit **** though.

Comment

ye that guns lethal i been using it alot, takes down 3 guys at once in karkand soo powerful when the bullets hit

Comment

The g36e is personally my favourite gun for the medic class, however the

L85A1 is an accurate gun. If you still want to be sniping but not using a sniper rifle (they take a while to reload). I suggest using the g3 (if you've unlocked it), i can kill a guy with two - three shots using the g3 from a far distance so i would use that!

Comment

L85 is one of my favorites. The key is, when you're entrenched at a good distance from the enemy, switch to single-shot mode. But when you're running through alleyways or around CPs, switch back to full-auto. Obvious, I know.

Comment

I like the g36e for when I am doing a spec ops type run.

Like at the begining of the round if I am going for the suburbs, it is nice to have the long distance/close range balance (the l85 sucks at close range because the scope and the inaccuracy).

The L85 is all i use on the non-city maps because the scope makes it so much easier to snipe and most of the infantry encounters you have are at a longer distance.

If I am just fighting in a clsuter-**** in a city, the stock guns are the best.

But, on topic, the l85 is a great sniper rifle becasue, even if you get hit, you can heal yourself. So when you are one v one against a sniper, unless he gets a head shot, you have a great edge.

Comment

Originally posted by tlniec
                      L85 is one of my favorites. The key is, when you're entrenched at a good distance from the enemy, switch to single-shot mode. But when you're running through alleyways or around CPs, switch back to full-auto. Obvious, I know.
                      Agreed: According to Black Duck the L85 has alot less recoil when zoomed than the G36. That makes the single shot sniping a little better.

Comment

I think it's always better run using single shot mode when terrain is open. Using single shots is way more accurate and faster method to drop opponent when fighting from a range. When walking in some corners, bust or full auto is of course a must (excluding shotguns naturally)

When playing MEC or China forces u could try SVD or Type 88; semi-autos with good scope and superb accuracy over spray guns. Useless in corners though, but there u may walk with claymore

Comment

Working...
                        X