Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a server admin force-suicide you?

or otherwise slay you?

I was on an un-named clan server last night playing Sharqi... I got a sweet position ontop of the crane and was happily sniping away at the Observation point and the Construction point. I killed the same host-clan member a few times then killed one of his mates a couple/few times and all of a sudden out of nowhere I die and the kill spam says "Consultant01 is no more" as if I had taken a swan-dive off the crane.

I didnt accuse anybody then and chalked it up to a bug, and Im not accusing anybody now, just curious if it is possible for an admin to kill random players with console commands like they can in Counterstrike (as I recall, from my CS days)...

Thanks!

Re: Can a server admin force-suicide you?

Simple answer:

No

Well, certainly not using Bf2cc which the vast majority of server admins use.

Comment

Yes it is possible, I was flying as copilot in the F-15 on Daqing when my pilot suddently went bombing the enemy uncapp, the server was a no-baserape server so instead of kicking us the admin simply killed us

Comment

As a server admin at 50klicks.com Ive used Bf2cc and Bf2 Rcon and ive never once even seen the option to do this, let alone see anyone actually use it.

Comment

yeah, if it was a huge server or really laggy (based in Europe for example) I would have, like I said chalked it up to lag or a bug... but it was a 32 person server and I was pinging in the 30's and I just up and died for no good reason.

Odd...

Comment

Yes, it's possible the BF2.NO servers have different punish options available to their admins.

Comment

Oh, another question... is it possible for servers to crank up the penalty for team damage? Or, a better question may be "how does team damage work?"

I saw a running soldier with no name above his head and popped him with my sniper rifle, he was a medic so he hid and healed himself and I got the warning "Dont damage your teammates" and typed out my apology and checked my score and I had gone from 12 team points to 6 team points and my overall score dropped 6 points as well...

If I had just killed him I prolly would have had a 2 point hit, lol.

Anyway, odd server anomalies...

Comment

Originally posted by Kattspya
                Yes, it's possible the BF2.NO servers have different punish options available to their admins.
                What systems do they use to admin their servers?

Team damage is an in built game thing, admins cant change that. I beleive its -2 for team damage and -4 for teamkill

Comment

Originally posted by Kattspya
                  Yea, I got slayed on the #12(?), Dalian - Daqing server

Comment

wierd!! i hav died ages ago lyk this but i thought it was a bug 2?!?

Comment

definately yes. an admin can kill you using the bf2cc server admin program. I used to use bf2cc when I ran a server and yes there is an option to kill a player. a quick google found this image which clearly shows it.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"
                      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Consultant01
                        or otherwise slay you?

I was on an un-named clan server last night playing Sharqi... I got a sweet position ontop of the crane and was happily sniping away at the Observation point and the Construction point. I killed the same host-clan member a few times then killed one of his mates a couple/few times and all of a sudden out of nowhere I die and the kill spam says "Consultant01 is no more" as if I had taken a swan-dive off the crane.

I didnt accuse anybody then and chalked it up to a bug, and Im not accusing anybody now, just curious if it is possible for an admin to kill random players with console commands like they can in Counterstrike (as I recall, from my CS days)...

Thanks!
                        LMAO, you got supply boxed.

Comment

So there IS A kill option.

Been wondering about that myself. But I stay in servers that are of good quality and not worry about admin abuse.

Comment

oh wow, good pic there shows the option...

It was a popular server so I choose to believe it was some weird lag and not admin abuse because if I thought this server had admin abuse I would be very dissapointed...

But now that I know its entirely possible..... *shrug* I guess ya never know.

Comment

That is a picture from an old version of BF2CC, ill take a screen shot from the most recent version, which by the way does not have the "Kill" command...

Heres a screen shot with NO kill option. This is the latest version of BF2CC and servers cant run old version of BF2CC, it does not work.

Comment

Working...
                              X