Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think E.A should let mods have ranked servers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think E.A should let mods have ranked servers.

After playing some of the new mod's that have come out is it about time E.A gave ranked servers to these guys for the effort and time they have put into making these great additions to the game.

It seems to me E.A have always said in the past we support the mod community well isnt it about time they showed it by granting ranked servers to them.

Re: Do you think E.A should let mods have ranked servers.

There'd have to be major balance testing, bug testing, etc. That means more dev time, but sure. It could extend the game.

Comment

No, no and no. It would mean that everyones stats up to now would be worthless.

The idea has been discussed more times than I can remember but EA *might* someday provide an alternative ranking system for mods but I really doubt it.

Comment

No, but what I would like is for EA/DICE to hold a contest to have people add their custom maps to the next patch. The best new map, contributed by the community, each patch would be a new ranked map - that would make me happy.

Comment

Unless EA would profit then no

Comment

We have didussed this already... no mods no custom maps... we dont want more pointwhores do we?

Comment

Most mods will have their own custom ranking world eventually i reakon.., so what would you want to associate them with EA for?? ughh perish the thought.

Comment

Originally posted by frazzman
                Most mods will have their own custom ranking world eventually i reakon.., so what would you want to associate them with EA for?? ughh perish the thought.

Looking at the change log for 1.3...EA is doing away with "private" ranking. So only official EA servers and EA Partners servers running EA maps/mods will be ranking.

That is of course if the 1.3 change log is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ptegan
                  No, no and no. It would mean that everyones stats up to now would be worthless.

The idea has been discussed more times than I can remember but EA *might* someday provide an alternative ranking system for mods but I really doubt it.
                  because of legal and illegal stat padding our stats and ranks are useless except to ourselves as a personal goal and accomplishment....there are way too many out there with high ranks earned with legal and illegal stat padding so i say yes let mods have rank

Comment

Saw a server ranked yesterday called GFO that was running Operation Peace Keepers mod. I joined it and collected stats for playing. Weird.

Comment

Saw a server ranked yesterday called GFO that was running Operation Peace Keepers mod. I joined it and collected stats for playing. Weird.
                      Really? It actually went onto to your statistics?

Comment

Mods already have there own Raking system..

Comment

Just create a seperate ranking system for each mod. Or let the community make one if it is popular.

Comment

Why do you even care about a ranking system? Do you get a fruit basket from your mommy and daddy when you get a new badge? Do you print out your new medal and wear it on your t-shirt?

Do you actually think it makes you a good player, lol?

One guy wrote:

"I am proud of my well honestly earned points"

I'm sure you are nubz-a-lot, but those points won't help you when i pwn you.

All this gay ranking system does is increase the cash follow to the ceo's of EA. I bet 98% of you don't even donate to the servers you play in for this retarded ranking system. For shame!

Comment

Originally posted by Holle
                              Looking at the change log for 1.3...EA is doing away with "private" ranking. So only official EA servers and EA Partners servers running EA maps/mods will be ranking.

That is of course if the 1.3 change log is correct.
                              Thats quite a claim that everyone seems to have jumped on .. dont you think for one minute it means that unranked servers who change the hosts file to make it appear ranked?

i wouldnt bet on it meaning that EA are shutting out alternative ranking alltogether, its just to stop these bogus servers appearing to be officially EA ranked in the ingame browser...,

Or thats how i see it seen as weve had no confirmation eitherway.

The likes of ABR i reakon wont be touched as its already had the go ahead from Dice and i belive EA too.

Comment

Working...
                              X