Stat padding question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stat padding question.

Ok im trying to get some badges ( First-aid, Ressupply, And Enginer). Would it be stat padding to have a member of my team to waste ammo and me give him ammo to get a better badge? Same question goes for First-Aid and Enginer.My name on the game is the same as on here so you can check out my stuff if needed.

Re: Stat padding question.

lol well yes if your buddy stands there shooting nothing and then you stand there giving ammo thats stat padding...

Comment

Yes I think they do call that Stat Padding.

Go to battle and earn them like most of us have.

Comment

The repair badge is impossible without padding

Comment

Repair? Basic or Vet? There are ways to get this badge, just the same as the others, without using a teammate.

Take that same friend, have him go engy and get into a tank/apc, you into the other, and go engage in battle (novel idea, I know). You'd be surprised how many repair points you'll earn as a dedicated pair in armor..

Comment

i had two morons kfie and revive me last nite. i reported them to BFROE

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt.Chemical-m24
              The repair badge is impossible without padding
              All repair including expert can be earned without padding i am proof of that. You just need to get on the right size server with the right amount of people.

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                All repair including expert can be earned without padding i am proof of that. You just need to get on the right size server with the right amount of people.

Agreed......I only have veteran at this point but it wasn't so difficult once I set my mind to it.

Comment

For repair I got in a jeep and hid behind a bunch of tanks and such for the whole round repairing them from in the car....

Comment

Originally posted by mickd_81
                    i had two morons kfie and revive me last nite. i reported them to BFROE
                    Is that padding??

I was on an unranked server and just mucky about with a mate. Taking him then revive and stab again before he could get out of it. It was funny to see how many times I could do it. Yes, it must of annoyed him but I was laughing so hard, So hard in fact ,that I would love to go pubbing and do it to some poor sod.
                    I'm not taking about people on different sides, but on the same side.

How is it padding??

Comment

It's padding because it artificially gives you lots of revives, Colin. Althought the minus points from all the TKs would seriously hurt you, so you'd come out with a nett loss if you did that... Lol

I agree that the repair badges aren't that hard (well, the first two anyway - expert must be difficult though). I got my basic on my first attempt, and routinely get the ten repairs needed for veteran if I play as a dedicated engineer in an armour column - I just don't have the 15 engineer hours for veteran yet because I only started using the engineer kit much quite recently. I'd tried it before and thought it was rubbish... but, to be fair, I was (stupidly) trying to use it for infantry combat and that's not what that kit is intended for... Use it properly and it's good, and you can rack up the repair points - plus keeping your team's armour healthy greatly improves your chances of winning the round.

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                        It's padding because it artificially gives you lots of revives, Colin. .
                        True, but you dont get a badge for it (ok, its part req for a badge, but not on its own). Plus revives are easy.
                        What I wanna know IS, if I set up another Id, and get caught, will my usual ID also be reset? (as they use the same e-mail address)

Originally posted by Gav
                        I only started using the engineer kit much quite recently. I'd tried it before and thought it was rubbish... but, to be fair, I was (stupidly) trying to use it for infantry combat and that's not what that kit is intended for...
                        I just got my SF expert eng. combat badge today (44+ kills). Totally on foot. That shotgun IS great for infantry combat. I was 'owning' hard on Warlord with it. Just gotta make sure your up close and nasty. Otherwize pop that pistol out

Comment

You mean the "standard" shotgun, or the Jackhammer? The standard one does kick ass close-up, yeah, I know... But my problem was I was playing the kit too similar to how I play as a medic or assault etc. And while that play style works for those kits, with engineer you need to remember you have no range without resorting to your pistol. That said, engineer is now my best kit in terms of K/D ratio, and I actually like using it now, whereas before I'd sworn blind I'd never use it again after I got the basic combat and repair badges.

Now I'm regretting never unlocking the Jackhammer though - I'd never bothered as it seemed a waste when I never played that kit. Still, I got about 3000 points to go to promotion, and I'll get my Jackhammer then...

Comment

Originally posted by Gav
                            You mean the "standard" shotgun, or the Jackhammer?
                            I was playing SAS on SF. So it wasnt the 'standard' one shot blow em the hella way, it was just another pump, like the Jackhammer.

Sorry back to topic......

Comment

In all fairness to me a stat padder is someone who sucks at playing the game and getting the points the legit way. What i mean is if you have to go to one side and get a couple of mates and then padd for your badges then you really dont have much chance of surviving the game. It's a skilless act to stand there and do that for a round when in fact you could easily do it in a match when i started this game i thought omg look at the requirments for the badges. But eventually i have earned them the hard way to me thats satisfying to know that.

People who do that kid of thing padding stats rightly should have there accounts wiped.

Comment

Working...
                              X