Description for Icons??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Description for Icons??

I'm new and wanting to know what all the icons for bf2 on the multiplayer menu mean. Please point me to where they are described!! Thanks.

Re: Description for Icons??

the first 2 i have no clue(red bar, and than either a #64 a server box, or a chicken like thing)the 3rd means what version(Red#2=BF2, Green#2=BF2:SF, Blue#2=BF2:EF) the 4th is whether it is ranked(isignia means ranked) the 5th means whether it supports voip (if it shows headphones than it supports it.)
    the 6th means whether it has punkbuster or not(if there is a sign than it has punkbuster... an anticheat program) the 7th is whether it supports battlerecorder(if it shows a tv than it does.) and the 8th and final icon means whether it is a locked server or not.
    Hope it helps and welcome to totalbf2,Punisher

Comment

The first one is supposed to depict the load on the server, but it isn't very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
        The first one is supposed to depict the load on the server, but it isn't very accurate.
        How so? All i ever see is either a red bar or nothing. Could you elaborate please?

Comment

That's what I mean, it always shows red even on servers that I KNOW the load is considerably lower.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate
            That's what I mean, it always shows red even on servers that I KNOW the load is considerably lower.
            ahh, i get ya now. The REd part of it is supposed to mean it is overloaded, but it is just about always red even if it is nowhere near full capacity.
            Thanks,Punisher

Comment

Originally posted by punisher18
              How so? All i ever see is either a red bar or nothing. Could you elaborate please?

linux servers usually have green bars. Linux servers show up as windows, but clicking on them reveals a penguin icon (which means linux). BF2 uses a lot of windows resources. Linux doesn't use so many resources and can run the dedicated server much better. Why all others are red - i dont' know. Maybe it doesn't work right.

The 2 chevrons (that look like a rank) means it's a ranked server. The Red number 2 means its a pure vanilla BF2 map. Then theres some others that mean "i support VOIP" and "I save battlerecorder files" and "I'm a dedicated server". Even though all ranked servers are dedicated.

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                linux servers usually have green bars. Linux servers show up as windows, but clicking on them reveals a penguin icon (which means linux). BF2 uses a lot of windows resources. Linux doesn't use so many resources and can run the dedicated server much better. Why all others are red - i dont' know. Maybe it doesn't work right.

The 2 chevrons (that look like a rank) means it's a ranked server. The Red number 2 means its a pure vanilla BF2 map. Then theres some others that mean "i support VOIP" and "I save battlerecorder files" and "I'm a dedicated server". Even though all ranked servers are dedicated.
                Yes i know most of that. look at post#2. i put up all the info except for the first 2. Which DP just explained the red bar.
                Now the one that you explained was the icon that is either a server box, penguin, or a #64.
                But thanks for explaining that last part.

Comment

To quote Wargimp: It's weird, it's strange, it'sBF2!

Comment

Working...
                  X