Engineering Badge Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineering Badge Help

Hey guys, I've been trying like mad to the the Veteran Engineering Badge today, with no luck.
    So, without stat-padding, how could I get 15+ repair points in a round? I'd especially apprieciate it if it was for Karkand, but any map'll do.
    I've tried everything: Driving vehicles, gunning in vehicles, running on-foot, even laying on vehicles!, and still no luck. I've been around other friendly vehicles while doing this, too.
    Thank in advance.

Re: Engineering Badge Help

I got over 15 point on Karkand... but you need a buddy in another vehicle. get 2 APCs or APC/tank combo and stick together like conjoined twins.

I got my vet engy by driving a buggy around Songhua Stalemate.

China took the fishfactory base, and every newly spawning spec ops would take oout the assets. I hid my buggy off to the side, and screamed in to fi the asset after the spec ops guy left. I did NOT cap the flag.

Hope it helps.

Comment

FYI, The requirement for Veteran Engineer Badge is 10 Repair points.

Just join a very full 64 player Karkand and get into the APC or Tank, as an engineer and drive along side another fellow APC/Tank for the rest of the map.

With so many people, Enryx's will be flying outa corners everywhere, but as you know, the repair rate on 2 vehicles with engineers in them is VERY quick. You guys will be racking up points legitly all while getting loads of kills.

Comment

10? Then I know I should've gotten it, but the 'You got XXX Badge' didn't pop up.
        I tried be a 'twin' but my 'twin' would always charge the hotel, and get blown up.
        If somonme was willing to meet me a certain time/server, I'd be happy.
        But thanks, guys.

Comment

Well if your tank buddy is being stupid or is about to bet C4'ed, just back off, and pool up next to any other friendly vehicle. Rinse and repeat.

It definitely helps to be working with a friend who knows what your intentions are.

Comment

Yes this is how I gotmine, 2 engineers in APC's and they stick together repairing each other,I got 10 repairpoints with about 30 tikets togo.

Comment

Has anyone obtained the expert badge? In a legit manner?

Comment

Anyone wanna meet me on a certain server/time to help me (and possibly you) get the award? 'd greatly appreciate it.
                I'll be on tomarrow, gotta go now. Bye.

Comment

Yup, I got mine in an APC on Karkand running with another APC and tank. Actually got more than the required minimum that round. I'd need a reeeaally long round for expert though!

Comment

I think the best way is to go on Iron Gator as a SEAL and keep repairing the AA gun... I've gotten 15 from this....

don't know how I'm going to get expert... 25 is impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
                      I think the best way is to go on Iron Gator as a SEAL and keep repairing the AA gun... I've gotten 15 from this....

don't know how I'm going to get expert... 25 is impossible.
                      Seriously, anyone w/ the Expert Repair is either padding or had a REALLY long round. I think EA should pay more attention to discrepencies like this and forget reducing the medals.

Comment

Illegal_carrot : message me on xfire, ill help u out. xfire: snowcontrol

Comment

It's very easy to get the repair batches if you got a very enthusiastic enemy spec-op which wants to destroy your artillery. Just get a fast vehicle and drive to the destroyed/damaged artillery-, satcom- and uav-stations.

If you cant wait to find such an enemy specop you should try to get it at Smokescreen: get a buggy and drive to any damaged tank on the map. In this insane tank-war you will find a lot of them.

Comment

I know a lot of people are saying Karkand (for the amount of AT rockets flying around the city), but Karkand doesn't actually have all that much armour for an engineer to repair... I'd suggest a more vehicle-biased map would be better. Armour columns are commonplace in Songhua Stalemate and FuShe Pass, for example. My advice is grab yourself an armour vehicle and join a column. As it gets pounded, you'll pick up repair points all over the place. Plus, since you're in a vehicle, you won't have to do all the work with your spanner ("wrench" to our American friends) - you can still fight as you repair. And being in armour rather than a transport vehicle means you're less likely to get taken out by a single AT rocket.

Your other option, as someone suggested, would be to make the most of C4-happy spec ops players who love to blow up command assets. Most large maps have three artillery guns as well as radar and UAV trailers for you to repair, so there's plenty of scope for the 10 repair points there if you get determined and prolonged attacks on commander toys...

Comment

Get yoru commander to drop a crate near by. The spec ops guys will rearm their C4 on it, and blow it again

Comment

Working...
                              X