So here it comes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So here it comes.

Just got word that the new MSI-MS-1039 just came out. Im really excited since I changed my mind about 50 million times, wondering if I have the right system. Looked all over MSI and found it to be great. My specs are as is

CUSTOM LAPTOP, MSI MS-1039 Turion™ Performance Laptop, 15.4" TFT WXGA, ATI® Mobility™ Radeon® X1600 256MB Graphics
    # MICROSTAR, MS-1039 Turion™ Notebook Barebone, ATI® RX480M, 15.4" WSXGA TFT, DVD±RW DL, ATI® Mobility™ Radeon® X1600 256MB Graphics
    # AMD, Turion™ 64 MT-40 2.2GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 25W, 90nm, 754-pin lidless mPGA
    # CRUCIAL, 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC-3200 DDR 400MHz CL3 SDRAM SODIMM, Non-ECC
    # HITACHI, 60.0GB Travelstar E7K100, 7200-RPM, 8MB cache, 9.5mm, EIDE
    # MICROSTAR, 8x Dual Layer DVD-RW Notebook Optical Drive (Included)
    # NONE, No Secure device
    # SOFTWARE, No Operating System (Choose or subject to Limited Support)
    # WARRANTY, Assembled and Tested (1 Year Limited Parts, Lifetime Labor Warranty)

I think it will be great playing on this, with AMD, 2gb of ram, and amd turion64 mt-40 @ 2.2ghz and a 60gb 7200rpm hd.

Any people happy with there AMD processors? Sad? haha. Im just happy that Im finally get a new notebook thats portable and can run to max settings. I believe I will be running at max settings with updated drivers for the video card, and OC'd. This is going to be kick ass can't wait to get on the battlefield !!!

bump for my happiness!

Re: So here it comes.

Originally posted by gatorade10
    Im just happy that Im finally get a new notebook thats portable and can run to max settings.
    Are you sure it will? I'd spend the same money on a laptop with slightly less CPU/RAM/HDD but a better graphics card, as thats what matters most with BF2.

Comment

You will not be able to play all high on that. Med - high, yes, not all high. The x1600 is not the best card.

Comment

I concur about the X1600 and running no higher than medium. I have AA off and everythig on medium except dynamic shadows and light which are low. I do have view dist as 100%. I have found that I have a good balance of no lag, FPS of 40-60 most of the time, and sufficient visual enjoyment.
        While not the greatest card, it is a good card for the price . If you can get a better one, I recommend doing so but if the X1600 is as far as your budget goes I think it gets the job done.

ASUS PTGD1-LA / P4 2.8 GHz / 1GB DDR PC3200 / X1600 256MB / 160 GB SATA 7200

Comment

Originally posted by loyalguard
          I concur about the X1600 and running no higher than medium. I have AA off and everythig on medium except dynamic shadows and light which are low. I do have view dist as 100%. I have found that I have a good balance of no lag, FPS of 40-60 most of the time, and sufficient visual enjoyment.
          While not the greatest card, it is a good card for the price . If you can get a better one, I recommend doing so but if the X1600 is as far as your budget goes I think it gets the job done.

ASUS PTGD1-LA / P4 2.8 GHz / 1GB DDR PC3200 / X1600 256MB / 160 GB SATA 7200
          FYI this is in a laptop, dont think he has an option on the graphics card. But really, that laptop is nothing to get excited about. I'd spend the same money on a gaming desktop that would kick some serious ass.

Comment

Originally posted by mlkmnz
            I'd spend the same money on a gaming desktop that would kick some serious ass.
            Hell, I would too. But i need something thats mobile. I am going to look for a gaming desktop in the future, but for right now a laptop will do.

As for the high settings, I want to be able to run atleast high textures, and terrain. But I will see what happens.

See ya around.

Comment

Working...
            X