I am a moron, please help me with screenie problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a moron, please help me with screenie problem

Hey all, sorry for the idiotic question I am going to ask, but here goes...where are my screenshots saved? I have 2 screenshot folders, 1 in the BF/pb directory(which is empty), and another in Mydocs/BF folder, which has what seem to be my screenies, but in .png format. Am I missing something? I am computer illiterate and have no idea how to view .png files or change them to .jpg's. Someone pleae help me here...I want to post some screens but am lost as to what to do with .png files...or are my screens in some other folder I missed??

Re: I am a moron, please help me with screenie problem

uhh....png's can be viewed just as you view .jpgs. No additional software needed. Just open it the same way as you do the .jpgs!

Also, When you take a screenshot ingame, BF2 saves it as 2 file types. One as .JPG and another same shot as .PNG.

So I really don't understand how you should have a problem..

Comment

Originally posted by D|sso
      uhh....png's can be viewed just as you view .jpgs. No additional software needed. Just open it the same way as you do the .jpgs!

Also, When you take a screenshot ingame, BF2 saves it as 2 file types. One as .JPG and another same shot as .PNG.

So I really don't understand how you should have a problem..
      The problem is, I have NO .jpg's saved, at least not in the screenshots folder. Where is the screenshot folder located? Like I said, I have 2 folders but only 1 has files saved(mydocs/BF2/screenshots) but that folder only has .png's(which wouldn't open in my viewer, kept giving me all black images when I tried to view(and yes, it supports .png files), no .jpeg files anywhere....that is my problem.

Comment

Hmmm...Very strange indeed.

I simply open all my Screenshots with the default "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" Tool. Never had any problems. What OS are you using?

BTW, .PNG's are simply another type of filetype which take up a lot more space and supposedly contain much more detail. The difference is minimal, however, and it's always best to upload the .JPGs.

Comment

pngs are much better quality

Comment

I just went in game now and took more screenies and sure enough, they are saved as .png files but no jpeg's and the png files are listed as 0 bytes, which would explain the black images I guess. I am using WinXP

Comment

If all else fails, Howabout a Fresh Reinstall. Some files may have been corrupted or misplaced during your first installation.

Comment

If you dont feel like reinstalling you can allways use good ole Print Screen.

Comment

Ive noticed that if you try and take a BF2 screeny when you computer is maxed out- as in well into swap file usage and around 0fps- that it will only create the png. Ive never seen it create an empty file though.

Comment

Working...
                  X