AA still not work, or is it just fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA still not work, or is it just fine

Since the AA was supposedly beefed up to actually hit the targets it's locked onto, I still have had either the worst luck with it. There has been very few times where the AA (shot by me atleast) has blown up the target, let alone actually hitting it. I've shot and hit a blackhawk with 6 missiles and it still allows for everyone to empty out of it. I've shot at jets and usually one will hit, and who knows what the other one does. Decides it doesn't want to play the game anymore and just disconnects maybe? I've shot and attack choppers and hit them with 4 missiles and they still manage to kill me while I'm in that little death trap (honestly I died in it more than I manage to kill with it). It happens way too often. Either I have the worst luck or AA still sucks bawls.

Now this isn't always the case. I have had the cases where AA pulls 180's in the sky. Wait, I can only remember 2 times. I have had it where it blows up poeple in 2 hits. Which is great. but this hasn't happened often enough. AA is the only defense against jets (skilled pilots or bad, doesn't matter) and I can't seem to ever defend myself.

I'm posting this to see if ANYONE else has the same problem I have. I really don't care to see peoples opinions on how they think it's too good, or how they think otherwise, because I know what some of you think. All I am wondering is if anyone has the same problem. That's it. Post if you do. Otherwise you're wasting time. I'm very interested, because I'm been so frustrated over this.

Re: AA still not work, or is it just fine

Theres an interesting effect if you shoot 2 missiles in a row. Apparently the second one WILL NOT hit if the first one does. Im just talking out of my butt here, but maybe the missile explosion acts as a flare or something?

Comment

Yeah, AA is still tough for me as well. Yes, I wait for flares, the whole nine yards, it just seems I have to sling a ton of missiles up there to get them down!!

Comment

yes, i have noticed the same thing, the second always seems to miss.

Comment

BS AA works fine. Apparently some people would like to pull the trigger and be guranted a kill. If your in a linebacker you will get a kill everytime just about. Stop whining about AA, its been beefed up enough. I've actually gotten good at taking it down. What has happend is the pilots and skilled players have gotten use to the new improved AA and have surpassed it.

It still gets hits as you mentioned above, but its not as easy as it was when the AA was changed. People (mostly armor whores and karkand players) whined and cried about the choppers rapeing. Yet its funny the armor it takes 3 anti tank missiles to kill. You can easly drive around as engineer with your clan mate in an APC beside you in engineer and whore up the map. Choppers are constantly taking out AA, and armor when they can. Yet its not enough for the guys on the ground getting a beating. If your team don't have good enough pilot to take out the enemy helo, whose fault is it? No one.

I've been kicked and banned from 2 servers today for 'chopper whoring' or as I would like to call it killing AA before it kills me. I can understand frustration but seriously if a tank roles into a base and rapes me I don't come on here and make post about how I got raped.

Comment

Wait, is this about what i did to you today

Comment

Who, me? I played today and didn't die very often. I got kicked from a server for 'tking'. When it wasn't me it was some [DS]Cacasioninvasion or some ****, who sniped me out of the helo a few times, on RH. The first time though I got kicked for chopper whoring from that same server.

Then I jump into a server of retards. The Tomclancy server, where their clan mates don't shoot each other and one of my own team tks for the helo, on their server no doubt. Then flys off and lands it for his clan mate on the other team so they can rape us even more.

Comment

Not you need2kill. I just left the server because of you. Went to another server and was getting frustrated about how my missiles were hitting (multiple times) and not blowing up the target. Even with the linebacker.

Lizard you must not have read my post? Because you just started flaming on me and that's what I didn't want to hear. btw if I could blow up a plane in 3 missile hits (like armor) that would be great I wouldn't have a problem. There would be no thread. But thats just the thing. They don't blow up the aircraft/heli. I guess you don't have this problem. So you don't need to post here. I am not just flaming about this because I want to blow up air targets in a couple hits, I just want to blow them up period. Appearently other people have this problem and that's all I wanted to know.

Comment

Yeah jets and choppers (and tanks too but that's off topic) are hard to take down. Yes you are more likely to die when facing them, even when using the right tactics and weapons, than take it out. Would you actaully want it any other way? Jets and choppers are supposed to kick arse, if they didn't it would be stupid and there wouldn't be any reason to have them in the game.

Intead of worrying about how no nerf all the powerful vehicles to the point of only being as good as standard infantry, DICE should be balancing the scoring system so that while you might kick arse on Kills : deaths ratio it wont give you a huge scoring advantage over everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by l=lCoBrAl=l
                    Not you need2kill. I just left the server because of you. Went to another server and was getting frustrated about how my missiles were hitting (multiple times) and not blowing up the target. Even with the linebacker.

Lizard you must not have read my post? Because you just started flaming on me and that's what I didn't want to hear. btw if I could blow up a plane in 3 missile hits (like armor) that would be great I wouldn't have a problem. There would be no thread. But thats just the thing. They don't blow up the aircraft/heli. I guess you don't have this problem. So you don't need to post here. I am not just flaming about this because I want to blow up air targets in a couple hits, I just want to blow them up period. Appearently other people have this problem and that's all I wanted to know.
                    First of all I aint flame you. I've seen so many whiners in a course of today playing bf2, its not even fun. If its not some ass hole team killing you for a vehicle, its someone complaining because your good at something. I jump in AA and do just fine. If I need a chopper down, and want to steal theirs, I will shoot it down. Which is the most easiest thing to do. Yeah jumping into AA does attract a chopper to you. So if your in a linebacker and you fire, and miss the helo (which hardly ever happens) while hes repairing you move, or you get out and wait for him to pass by. No one is smart enough to do this however.
                    I gurante if you find a server with plenty of people in it, the choppers will not rule the game. Especially in Vanilla. I joined a dragon valley with 42 players in it, and it was insane. I've never seen so many people in AA at once. If you didn't get hit by a linebacker you were getting tag teamed by IGLA's.
                    You can't jump into AA and expect a kill. Just like you can't expect to kill a tank everytime. A majority of the time you fire an AT Rocket at a tank, what happens? You end up dead, because he spots you. Tanks are way more easy to rape with then a chopper.. All you need is a clan mate and karkand can be hell for the opposite team. Especially if they lose their back base. No one will ever understand where my point of view is. Being a chopper pilot, I do not see me being that big of a threat as opposed to the planes, tanks, and infantry.
                    If a team mate spots your tank, or you yeah I will go after you granted, but a chopper is everyones target. FAV's, DPV's the whole 9 yards fire up at them when they come into view. Unless your unlucky enough to be put on a crappy team, and lets face it, thats something we all deal with. Tonight a few rounds on ghost town and I was raped the entire time. I didn't get to touch a chopper between the 3 or 4 snipers that shot me out, the APC camping on the hill, and the line backer camping accross. There was no touching that helo.
                    Flaming you, nope didn't flame you once. All I said was quit whining. If they nerf the helicopters anymore you won't even need AA to shoot them down, a PKM will work just fine.

So understand where I am coming from before you go on about AA being weak, because believe me its not. I can get around it, sometimes. Theres always that unlucky time you get shot down, and then on a map full of people between the tking that goes on, and the campers. Getting a helicopter again may not even be an option. In my opinion the tanks rule this game, if you can be in armor. You can gurante a few kills. They can shoot down helicopters, they are invincible almost when a clan mate or someone who is engineer is following you around in either another tank, or APC. The guys with tanks, are usually the ones with the top scores, on maps where its only Infantry, and sometimes even on maps with helicopters.

Also as for the missiles, if its a J-10 then your **** out of luck. They are bugged or something. They deflect missiles its pretty insane. Some people can advoid those missiles, if its taking more then two missiles to kill a plane, then its not hitting them right. I can down a plane in two hits with an IGLA, sometimes three depending on where you hit them.

As for the scoring system thats cool, and all but I think the people who kill you should be awarded a good score for it. Rather then just normal points. I mean if you take down a chopper your doing your team a big favor. Maybe not weaken the points, but make the choppers worth more points. Atleast the attack ones.

Comment

AA underpowered? are f*cking kidding me? In a chopper, AA is my first priority - It has to be gone before anything else. And when someone catches me off guard in a jet (or when chasing someone else) I've had plenty of missles slam into me - It's all about the timing.

With jets I never fire AA when i'm in their field of view. Only actually get in the AA when they can't see you light up on the hud. It gets extremely frustrating when there are 3-4 AA sites around, you're getting locked on to constantly, but you can't see from where.

If you just stay in the same site constantly you'll be dead and buried before long. Use AA cleverly. Position AA vehicles somewhere useful and hard to find. Try not to let them know where you are.

Comment

it is still not working and it is good the way it is dont touch it I say it seems to be balanced

Comment

There are a few rounds on fushee pass I had recently where I was dropping everything from the sky. AA is fine, though I was able to bring down planes on occasion pre-1.2, now it's just about having them stay in your now limited range. Choppers, easy enough to bring down with out missles. Planes are hard, but I've taken out even the precious J-10 in mobile AA.

My advice, against choppers, start with the guns, then when that flare drops 1 missle should be enough. Against planes, it's is hard, so I advise just sending off 2 missles, it CAN kill a plane, as I usually only fire in batches of 2, and do take down planes with them. if they do miss, no biggie, you still have the other 2.

As some what of a mobile AA whore, I would just like the range a touch larger, perhaps just against planes though, the range is good enough for choppers, since you can use the guns to fire beyond missle range.

Comment

yup but remember you can't get upset when someone does survive. Its apart of the game. If you kill a plane, it will be back to find you. So finding a new AA gun or just staying out of it, until hes got his back turned again. Its all about timing as he said.

Comment

AA should be toned down against a chopper

Comment

Working...
                              X