Instant Human Combustion in BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant Human Combustion in BF2

hey there guys, there's been something bugging me with bf since the last patch, it has happened a few times now, i'm just walking around happy with my life shooting ppl around and watching fluffy shapes in the clouds from bunnies and raindeers (ok maybe exagerating now) and suddenly BOOM!!!!! i explode out of nowhere and in the top left of the screen doesnt even show someone killing me or anything, actually nothing happens except for me to get blown up and 1 more death appearing in my score.

the last time it happened a pilot that was flying around complained about his plane suddenly exploding without anyone killing him too.

anyone else found this weird fenomenon?

Re: Instant Human Combustion in BF2

Never seen it happen. Must be a fluke, wrong place, wrong time?

Comment

I've been killed a few times while in the tank when no one was around and the tank took no damage. I just died...

Comment

might your name have anything to do with it? :laugh:

Comment

I tried to drive over the boxes at train accident by the flag but INSTEAD they blew ME up. LOL

I have spontaneously combusted too once

Comment

Originally posted by [FM]Master_Chief
            might your name have anything to do with it? :laugh:
            :P nice one, but no i dont even use this name ingame, dont know if its wrong place at wrong time cause it happened a few times alredy.

btw if this is a bug and i'm the first to speak of it in public i would like it to be called the Human Combustion bug XD

Comment

This happens to me more often now on Clan servers. Do admins in a console have the ability to spontaneously kill a player on their server?

Comment

in the air, it can be explained by crashing onto newly spawned supplies/UAV(had it accur myself )

Comment

to be honest after that commander glitch nothing surprises me from clan admins...

Comment

Maybe a sniper got the new Artillery rifle unlock...lol, joking. I have no idea. Just seems like an odd glitch. never encountered it personally.

Comment

Had the plane explode for no reason on Op Clean Sweep once, out over the ocean, not out of bounds, and it was not a midair- just me and a friend practicing flying in a server he made.
                      It was like running into something, just blew up, but nothing was there and I was over 80 meters, well above the water... weird

And then I remember once spotting an enemy tank on Wake, an F-35 swoops in and bombs it right away. Area clear, I run to the flag, happen to look up and see "So-n-so [Type98] CinC212"- but I'm ALIVE!
                      Hadn't died in a while in fact

Comment

Happened to me today, I just died for no reason out of nowhere on wake island today. Looked up, there was no insidetheasylum is no more nor a you were killed by message. Was just totally weird...

Comment

Originally posted by Biff Exploder
                          to be honest after that commander glitch nothing surprises me from clan admins...
                          I liked this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideTheAsylum
                            Happened to me today, I just died for no reason out of nowhere on wake island today. Looked up, there was no insidetheasylum is no more nor a you were killed by message. Was just totally weird...
                            exactly, my last was on wake aswell.

btw tks Michaiel

Comment

I've never seen this happen (although I've hit invisible clipping surfaces with a plane in early versions), but I don't doubt what you're seeing.

What I'm thinking is it could be a python script. This would basicly be a server side hack and is a no-no for ranked servers.
                              OR
                              It could be some oddball lag artifacts.
                              I remember once falling off the top of a tallish building, couldn't open my chute, hit the ground... and lived. Didn't even lose any heath! I figured I'd just gotten lucky, so I turned and started running down the road. Suddenly, SPLAT. I bounce off the ground below me. I laughed. Then disconnected to find a more stable server.

Comment

Working...
                              X