Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In which order do i have to install BF2, BF2:SF and the patches again??!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In which order do i have to install BF2, BF2:SF and the patches again??!?!?

Ok, i reached sgt major today and wants to unlock my last 2 unlocks. I have SF, and i want to unlocks the L96 and P90. alright good, but the problem is that i uninstalled SF a long time ago (before 1.2 came out and never played it). So now im running vanilla BF2 on 1.22. once i logged in it says congrats, u are now a sgt major, get ur two unlocks, EXCEPT, it says that the weapons are unidentified and when i click unlock, the same box popps over and over and over again! So i thought, of course, i need to install SF again! and so i installed SF, but guess what, it still shows no info and i still could not unlock the weapons (although the box showing the unidentified unlocks would appear, unlocking the weapons was a failure. Which then led me to believe that i need to install the patches FOR SF. So my question is for u guys is, in which order do i have to install everything for me to unlock my weapons? (i have bf2, bf2:sf, patch 1.2, 1.21 incre, and 1.22 incre.

Re: In which order do i have to install BF2, BF2:SF and the patches again??!?!?

BF2, SF, latest (full) patch.
    Done.

Edit: Just don't use the incremental patches. Full are much more reliable.

Comment

When you install SF then it reverts back to an older version of the game, so install up to 1.22 patch again.

Comment

thats bullocks, EA is retarded.

Comment

Or if you have EF also:

BF2, SF, 1.22 full, EF, 1.22 full.

Comment

ARRRGGG!! I tried installing in the following orders: bf2-->SF-->1.2-->1.21 incre-->1.22 incre. and it still wont let me GET MY UNLOCK! all it shows is just some blank unlock box with nothing in it!! WTF?!?!?! this is also happening to another person too!

Comment

Forget The Damn Incretments!!!!

Use The Full Patches.

Comment

Did you not read what wargimp said?
                Download the large FULL patch. Much more reliable. Than install it to your bf2. Than install bf2:SF, than play under your account name in bf2:SF. get some points... leave... come back on through bf2:SF and unlock your guns..
                It does not matter what order as long as you have BF2:SF and BF2 and the patch installed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali G
                  bf2-->SF-->1.2-->1.21 incre-->1.22 incre.
                  Missed 1.12 after SF. I recently reinstalled everything..
                  Bf2> SF> 1.12> 1.2> 1.21> 1.22

I hate the way EA has brought these games to the market and the patching shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by BryanG
                    Missed 1.12 after SF. I recently reinstalled everything..
                    Bf2> SF> 1.12> 1.2> 1.21> 1.22

I hate the way EA has brought these games to the market and the patching shenanigans.
                    AW MAN WTF, what the hell was EA thinking when they made the patches?? why so complicated

Comment

This is why I suggest NOT using incremental patches.
                      Full patches contain all the files you need to go from any previous version all the way up to the latest.

It's not that complicated.

Comment

so i: bf2->sf->1.22 FULL?? or bf2->1.22->sf->1.22 full again?

Comment

Just BF2, any/all expantions, then latest FULL patch.

Comment

There is a direct link. ONLY DOWNLOAD THAT ONE. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY OTHER PATCHES.
                            OK??? lol really got to drill it in em eh wargimp? lol
                            you only have to install it once. doesnt matter when as long as BF@ is installed. You can install BF2:SF after 1.22 if you want.

Comment

alright wargimp, i will try that, and if that doesnt work, can u unlock the weapons for me using ur SF? i will pm u my account name and password if all else fails, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X