Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

I just started playing the game today, and have two questions.

a) Played a round and got a score of 45, but when I exited the game it didn't add on to my total stats.

It was a ranked server...is there a lag on points adding on or something?

b) I got booted from a server today, for no apparant reason.

I was sniping on top of a hill, and notched up 13 kills...then I got voted out by 10 people.

Is sniping/camping considered cheating? I thought it was all part of the game.

c) On the points menu, where it tells you where you got your points from, it goes

Total Points // Flags (flag)// ??? (crosshair) /// Kills (skull)

What is the Crosshair for?

Re: Newbie Question

Originally posted by Lavindathar

a) Played a round and got a score of 45, but when I exited the game it didn't add on to my total stats.

I was sniping on top of a hill, and notched up 13 kills...then I got voted out by 10 people.

c) On the points menu, where it tells you where you got your points from, it goes

a. Ity usually takes awhile. Sometime more than 24 hours.

b. no idea

c. Points \ Team Points \ Kills \ Deaths

Comment

Rules on different servers vary. Some don't allow killing anyone in the main bases. Some do.

Comment

13 kills?!?! You must be haxxing!!

jimmy answered the question right.

b) This happened to me to. I was sniper, and was doing really well, highest scroe, then I get kick votes started against me three times.

Comment

No, Sniping isn't camping, camping is like when you sit in one posistion and just shoot everytime someone spawns or walks by and you don't move, but Sniping isn't. I have been kicked before for killing the admins a few times or whatever and they kick you with the message base raping when your using the Sniper, but learn to deal with this, find a better server.

Comment

Yeah, some admins (usually under thirteen) will kck you for killing them, even if you're completely legit. It's just their way of whining without words.

Comment

sometimes u get kicked for ur k:d ratio..well in cs some servrs enforced that if u had a kd ratio of like 15:1 or something then u would have to leave/be kicked and sniping for me is one of those that boosts my kd ratio cuz i dont die alot..but the kills comes slowly

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal-Souljah
                No, Sniping isn't camping, camping is like when you sit in one posistion and just shoot everytime someone spawns or walks by and you don't move, but Sniping isn't. I have been kicked before for killing the admins a few times or whatever and they kick you with the message base raping when your using the Sniper, but learn to deal with this, find a better server.
                Technically you are sniper camping.
                You are in one spot camping people with your sniper

Comment

The skull stands for deaths, the crosshair for kills, and the medic/resupply kit stands for team points. The trophy is global points. I don't think sniping is considered camping, unless you were sniping the team's main base, some servers outlaw main base killing. The stats take long periods of time to update, sometimes up to 24 hours, my longest is 48 when I finally got my vet knife.

Comment

They probably kicked you because they thought you were too good. I've been on servers before where kick votes were started by members on the OPPOSITE army for the top 3 scoring players on my army. They tried to boot me like 5 times until I fell back down into about 6th or 7th place on my team. At which point a kick vote was started for the guy who moved pass me on the point chart. Basically it's just kids who suck & if they can't beat you they try to kick you.

Comment

:salute:

right A = Yea there can be a lag somtimes !

B = Depends where you were ? or could be you upset a clan server and it was inevitable !!

C = THIS IS THE THIRD QUESTION YOU SAID TWO ???
                      WORK THIS OUT YOUR SELF DUDE!!

Sorry only Kidding Soldier ! :salute:

C = points// team points // Kills // Deaths !!!

ok ?:evil: :banana: :salute:

Comment

Thanx guys..

And I wasnt camping. I'm a Counter Strike : Source veteran, but after years of Cs I finally got bored.

I've been playing BF2 online on the PS2 for a while, but it's no where near good enough for me. So I went PC.

But I was sniping someone, then relocating to where I thought the guy I just killed would try and come from...as in, I know he'd come straight back for me, and try and sneak up, so I'd move to where I thought he'd sneak up from.

It worked, and I got 13 kills.

Then got booted.

Oh, and this wasnt at ANYONE's base, it was on the free land outside of Karkand.

Thanx for your replies!

Comment

Working...
                        X