No announcement yet.

How did you come up with your BF2 name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How did you come up with your BF2 name?

Mine is pretty dull really, I drive a Lexus and I'm in the gp squad.

Comment

I was playin Ace Combat 5 at da time so i decided to use the name of the elite squadron on the game

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
        how about you start?

Mine is from Star Trek.... Zefram Cochrane discovered warp drive technology for Earth.
        I have had the nick Trizo before I ever started using computers, friends came up with it. It rymed with my truck which they called trimo because it looked like a limo (97 crew cab chevy 1 ton with 8 inch lift, black and big 22 feet long) but chicks loved it so Trizo in the Trimo was born... :laugh:

Comment

My tag =IMO= is from my team "In Memory Of" we salute aand memorilize all who serve and have served. My name THJones is in memorium of my late father who served as a US Marine in Vietnam and Korea.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteRazgriz666
            I was playin Ace Combat 5 at da time so i decided to use the name of the elite squadron on the game

" Grim... is that you? "

I play that also, cheesy story line but some fun flying.

Comment

lol yea good game if a lil short, reminds me of cheesy american films like Top Gun

Comment

K’AWIL-la > n. deity name; proper name of the god K’awil, god of generations, royal lineage bloodlines; GII of the Palenque Triad <> (JM) Represents the head of the god with infixed forehead mirror and "smoking axe."

I was really into Mayan culture and writing (still am, just not as much) when I logged into BF2. As for the forums... I just added Rez_ for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by simio1337
                  I had it before BF2 and I've added the term 1337 because I am

O rly?:laugh:

I have had my name for about 7 years now, through many games. Quake, DOOM, Tribes2, Soldat, Americas Army, also online forum persona.

I got the name from a job i used to have, working for a Mortuary Removal Service company, also i get killed alot, so its fitting, haha.

Comment

My original name from all my ex games was taken

so i chose Need To Kill song by Venom

Comment

1st of all, I'm one of our 'senior group', 37 and still gaming.

I read a short story in High School, around 1985-86, called "A Good Man Is Hard To Find". Anyone with some attention span (only 20-30 mins of reading) can read the story here:

I read it and the main character was called "The Misfit" - an escaped convict. The story had a lot of underlying things to it, about how the family in peril takes the wrong path, etc.....

I liked the name, and as a geek back then, I used the nic "TheMisfit" on Bulletin Boards and the early versions of AOL. Still have my TheMisfit1@aol addy, which I've had for 15 years or so. The name obviously stuck, and its pretty much the only name I've ever used in gaming. Instead of having 2349823109 names over time, I've kept one...

Comment

Its a long story, and there was a thread about it already...

Comment

Take a guess....

normally my name is xmetallicaxguitaristx (I play guitar, metallica is one of my favorite bands, and I have a [peavey] XXX), but since BF2 won't let me have more than 20 characters... I took out the "i"

Comment

Had the name since UT2K4. Its the acronym for Decibels. I used to go by Player Hater and Acronympho.

Comment

Phantom limb pain is a neurological condition where an amputee feels pain or discomfort in the region where the limb was once located. I am a neuroscientist so such phenomenon interest me. In addition, I thought the name has a nice double meaning for the virtual pain induced in the FPS genre.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozirtz
                                I was just curious how some of your nicknames came about. I see lots of interesting ones and wonder where/how you thought of them.
                                Im using it since bf1942
                                I started with a x, found that kinda ...stupid so I add the p(more stupid)then I add [nl] wich was the most stupid thing I could ever do..

Comment

Working...
                                X