a noob question about tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a noob question about tanks

I'm new to BF2. Are there different kinds of shells you can shoot from the tanks?

Re: a noob question about tanks

No sorry... just diffrent tanks. You can pop smoke by hitting X (default).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Peepers
      I'm new to BF2. Are there different kinds of shells you can shoot from the tanks?
      No. But that would be somewhat cool (although most tanks have a single type of shell..)

Comment

Nope. Just your machine gun (right mouse button) and cannon (left mouse button). You can also use the .50 cal on top by pressing F2 to switch to that position. I see no need though, the machine gun the driver can access is just as good.

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm11B
          Nope. Just your machine gun (right mouse button) and cannon )left mouse button). You can also use the .50 cal on top by pressing F2 to switch to that position. I see no need though, the machine gun the driver can access is just as good.
          The gunner seat might help with choppers sometimes.

Comment

It would be neat to have 2 rounds to choose. i remember Point of Existence for Battlefield Vietnam had 2 rounds for the tanks HEAT and Sabot for Troops, trucks, light armor and the later for heavy armor

Comment

There's an unlock for bean-bag shells, which compliments the bubble wands and nerf shooters that the crybaby servers prefer....

Comment

I seem to recall the Project Reality mod for BF2 gives you the choice of HEAT or sabot rounds from the main cannon....... Click me

NB: I'm sure I probably don't need to say this but.... unranked servers only

Comment

Originally posted by Rexophane
                  The gunner seat might help with choppers sometimes.

Yes but it leaves you ultra-vulnerable to any infantry.

Comment

You get 2 differant types of shells in the 21CW tournament. Fun stuff

Comment

PoE 2will have the ammo switching system that we had in the BF:V version too, this will allow you to switch from APFSDS to HEAP rounds.

Comment

cool

i like heap rounds they leave armour intact but kill all occupants great for apc;s

Comment

Nope, All you get is the main shell, your machine gun and your loyal gunner uptop to cover your arse from those sneaky spec ops.

Comment

Originally posted by punisher18
                            You get 2 differant types of shells in the 21CW tournament. Fun stuff
                            Was gonna say the same. Plus its got a zoom on the Machine gun (seat 2). 21CW is also unranked. (but miles better gameplay)

Comment

Working...
                            X