No announcement yet.

Heli 1 shot 1 kill as AT. Truth or Lie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heli 1 shot 1 kill as AT. Truth or Lie?

I read somewhere that if you hit the door on a heli (any kind) as AT then it would instantly blow up. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this? Screenshots?

Cheers

Re: Heli 1 shot 1 kill as AT. Truth or Lie?

lie

check near bottom: http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/antitank.php

Comment

lie
      although a well aimed/lucky shot to the canopy can kill both the pilot and gunner without destroying the chopper outright

Comment

Lie. Even if you hit the ceiling of the compartment, you don't do enough damage. If you can, try to hit the pilot.

Dead pilot + oblivious passengers = lots of points.

Comment

I remember the good ol' days when a shot to the wheel of a Blackhawk was a one shot kill
          lol - that exploit was hilarious on Mashtuur, the 'wtf's that used to litter the screen afterwards was priceless

Comment

As $kelet0r said, back in 1.02 there was a bug on the blackhack wheel that'll blow up the chopper with one direct hit.

It was corrected in 1.03
            - Set some wheels on jets and helpcopters to stronger armor to prevent
            them from being destroyed instantly by AT missiles.

Comment

it worked on any chopper with a wheel

Comment

yeah you can't blow it up with one missle, but you can kill both passengers, or just the pilot.

For some reason.. the AT basically goes through the glass... or something... lol. I don't know how it works.

Comment

it's very hard to kill the pilot and gunner as well - taking on a Havok on Sharqi is never easy on foot in a squad let alone by yourself

Comment

It is true! Play AT kit hop in a tank and SHOOT

Comment

I killed 5 people in a BlackHawk on about 10 occasions with the grenade launcher prior to its damage radius being DECREASED. I was actually aiming for the tires since i heard about that little glitch, but ended up killing all of the passengers, i bet that made for a lonely ride back to the helipad! haha

Its understandable that an AT rocket will kill the pilot, i mean, it kills tanks, you would think that it would puncture a window, or at least cause quite an issue in the cockpit, i said cockpit.....

Comment

this one guy on wake shot me down in my chopper like 5 times with one shot as AT.....im guessing some kinda hack maybe?

Comment

True.I did it just yesterday on Oman as USMC.They were hovering 8 ft off the ground taking the flag and I hit the Havok just below the rotor shaft behind the pilot from the side.Blew the Havock to hell.It was'nt smoking from previous damage and when it blew up I was like WTF?!!..I expected to be dead 10 sec's afterwards with no hope of a 2nd shot.

Comment

I'm just happy to see my AT missile kill it, regardless how many it takes.

Metasynaptic [Eryx] AH-1Z Pilot
                            Metasynaptic [Eryx] AH-1Z Gunner

gives me a HUGE sigh of relief.

Comment

Grenade launchers can eject pilots and gunners alike if you score a direct hit on the cockpit. It's very hard to do but it is possible. I made a thread about this awhile back. I've never had the chance to do it with an AT kit but I would imagine it's possible as well. About the guy that emptied a BH, you can actually launch nades on the inside of a transport chopper and kill everyone including the pilot.

Comment

Working...
                              X