When commanding on Karkand as USMC...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When commanding on Karkand as USMC...

Does the commander deserve to have one of the hummers to defend home base from Spec Ops who blow up his toys? (providing he always stays behind at home base and commands)

In my opinion, yes he does, more often than not I see vodniks flying in with three spec ops guys who literally take over the USMC home base, and nobody ever defends it because everyone is too busy in a firefight at the train accident, hotel, market etc., and the commander (usually engineer) is pretty much defenseless... and the spec ops then push it a little further by stealing all the APCs and the tank and then spawn rape...

Re: When commanding on Karkand as USMC...

I say no, he should be able to defend it without needing a transport vehicle. He can also request support from his teammates and spot out enemies that are coming to their uncap. Most of the the forces should be at the flags, and if they see the commander's stuff getting destoryed perhaps providing some help. But then it's up to them to get back into the action as fast as possible, so they would have to use the HMV. The transports are there to move troops not provide the commander with some place to hid.

Comment

You could always join MEC and have your entire base and all your assets taken from you.

Not all commanders stay at the Gas Station. Any commander that stays at the Gas Station getting spawn camped deservers to loose. I would rather a commander spawn somewhere else and RIGHT+CLICK spot the 3 SpecOps guys so I can kill them.

Unlike the MEC, I can continue to spawn at this flag.

Comment

I don't think a hummvee is going to help much if you are an engineer facing 3 spec-ops. I would say if your team does not defend the command assets, resign as commander or better yet, change teams if possible.

Comment

If you're an commander with the engie kit then dropping some mines where the tank and apcs spawn will save your vehicles...as for fighting the 3 spec op soldiers then your skill and strategy take over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrag
            I don't think a hummvee is going to help much if you are an engineer facing 3 spec-ops. I would say if your team does not defend the command assets, resign as commander or better yet, change teams if possible.
            This morning I got about 84 points defending the Gas Station in an APC. I killed 42 guys that round as well. Almost like clockwork jeeps of MEC would come to the flag...too bad I didn't get flag defend points or I might had broke 100.

Anytime you have your commander spot an enemy vehicle and you DON'T go back to defend the Gas Station, well then you deserve to get spawn camped and your team vehicle's taken from you.

There's no place any SpecOps or whatever can hide at the Gas Station, even the roof I can shoot the guys up there with an APC.

What's also kewl about defending the Gas Station, unlike other flags, is you rarely have to deal with Anti-Tank rockets. Also, the commander is very likely to drop a supply crate at one of the assets, so you're always repaired. Most squads that attack the Gas Station are SpecOps+Support+Enginners with the occational Sniper or Medic, but rarely Anti-tank surprisingly. As long as you stay away from walls where SpecOps can run and put C4 on you...its pretty much a turkey shoot.

Try taking the Suburb with 8 Anti-tank guys and a TOW missile...

Comment

The hummer can take out the vodnik before the MEC even get off it, that's what I was getting, a pre-emptive line of defense, and wouldn't you agree that most people usually ignore the fact that the USMC home base is under attack... only on a rare occasion have I seen someone spawn or actually come back to the gas station to help the commander out... and as for the hummers, any troops that do take them (usually just one guy per hummer), 90% of the time wreck them in the first 10 seconds, instead of actually transporting numerous troops and taking flags and using it as a team oriented vehicle, the MEC apc's and the T90 hardly ever make it as far as the hotel, hence the hummer can be utilized for the above mentioned tactic

Comment

I've got a few hours commanding, and with Karkand as my top map I've put in a few rounds as commander.

Generally, if I plan on commanding, I'll spawn at the front spawn, near the artillery, and command from there. I leave ALL vehicles to the team..the CO doesn't need a vehicle, ever.

Anytime you have your commander spot an enemy vehicle and you DON'T go back to defend the Gas Station, well then you deserve to get spawn camped and your team vehicle's taken from you
                AGREED. I can't tell you how many times I've spotted 2-3x on a flanking SpecOps or Vehicle, and then confirmed it through VoIP, only to have our armor make sure he doesn't get back there. You usually have a steady stream of armor, between 2 apcs & 1 tank (64 player), there's 3 vehicles that'll die a few times and make the trip. If you do your job correctly, and encourage teamwork from your troops, they'll help you cover your spawn. It is very rare that steady attacks on that base happen, and even if they do, enough happens back on the flags to force them back into play.

Comment

Working...
                X