How to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to connect

Ok guys maybe Im a noob...but I just dont know how to connect to a server just using it's ip address. Im tring to connect to servers through ASE (All Seeing Eye) but when it opens the game I get this message about creating an account. For 1 everytime I've tried to create on it say something about not being able to connect to the loggin server or something. Im just wondering if there is someway around creating an account so that I can play on the servers that ASE or gamespy shows up. Pls if anyone can help reply here or use one of my user id's
    aol: wlmorela
    yahoo: acriar
    msn: acriar@cox.net
    Thx

Re: How to connect

Its verry simple, WHen in the multiplayer menu, look around and you will see a button that says connect by ip or something to that extent.

Comment

yep, its on the multi menu, middle of screen on the left.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

If you want to setup ASE to connect to a server, you need to do this:

1. Select "Filter, Configure Games" from the menu bar.

2. Under "Installed Games" select "Battlefield 2".

3. In the "Program Location" field, add this to the end of the location:
        +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playerName YourNAME +playerPassword YourPASS

With a default BF2 install, it should look like this:
        "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.EXE" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +username Cigar_Man +playerPassword mypassword

The username and password are case sensitive as is the +playerPassword (note the capitol "P"). In the above example, the username Cigar_Man is not the same as cigar_man when logging into bf2.

4. Select the "Apply" button and then the "OK" button.

Now you can select the server you want to join and it will also log your playername into the BF2 client server.

Comment

Working...
        X