This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squad hoppers whining for nothing

Ya know... the squad hoppers are whining for nothing .. just like the bunny hop and dolfin dive fix the squad hop is a half step fix that can be gotten around by anyone who takes a moment to think about it...

everytime i see a dolfin diver or bunny hopper i thank ea for the patch that stopped them...oh wait they can still do it....

SO in conclusion quit whining and petitioning the patch will in reality have very little effect on squad hopping, even me with my limited knowldge already figured out the work around...geezzzzz

Re: squad hoppers whining for nothing

Aren't there enough Squad Hopping threads?

Comment

yeah lol i think ill make one on the morrow

Comment

lol, guess his clan has become victim to all of his complaints. So much for learn, adapt, overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Misfit
          lol, guess his clan has become victim to all of his complaints. So much for learn, adapt, overcome.
          actually we can sqaud hop bunny hop and dolfin dive like anyone else we just prefer not to.. if your so l33t come on down we''ll be glad to fill ya full of holes on the battlefield...

Comment

I don't know why people have such a hard time with it, it just gets the game moving faster as you can spawn closer to the action. If you kill a guy you still have to wait 15 seconds, so it's not like it's an endless supply of guys spawning.

Comment

this kind of ****es me off. Ive only seen a few people complain about squad hopping, yet the dev's seem to think this is some huge issue that wrecked gameplay?
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                this kind of ****es me off. Ive only seen a few people complain about squad hopping, yet the dev's seem to think this is some huge issue that wrecked gameplay?
                Give it a little more time and it will. It is not how it was intended and that is why it is now being stopped. People will/are abusing it more and more every day.

In this case, I do not think that complaints were the main drive behind fixing this.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelPanic
                  Give it a little more time and it will. It is not how it was intended and that is why it is now being stopped. People will/are abusing it more and more every day.
                  In this case, I do not think that complaints were the main drive behind fixing this.
                  I agree, but how bout they fix the 50 or so bugs in the game instead of working on new features.
                  "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                    I agree, but how bout they fix the 50 or so bugs in the game instead of working on new features.
                    Removing squad hopping isn't a "Feature". It's a subtraction, a tweak, a fix. Much like what you asked for.

Also, it's very difficult to find that one strand of "rouge code" in the midst of a convention of code. Dice needs time, they need help, they are working on it and when they figure out "HOW" to fix it without breaking anything... I'm sure it will be in a patch.

Until then. I don't think you honestly expect them to stop the wheel of progression simply to fix "ONE" bug; especially when their firm is plenty capable of doing both at the same time.

{WP}Paas

Comment

Originally posted by {WP}Paas
                      Removing squad hopping isn't a "Feature". It's a subtraction, a tweak, a fix. Much like what you asked for.
                      1. I didnt ask for it.
                      2. there are new features in the patch, read the changelog

Until then. I don't think you honestly expect them to stop the wheel of progression simply to fix "ONE" bug; especially when their firm is plenty capable of doing both at the same time.
                      yes I do.
                      a couple bugs? ok.... 40+ bugs? unacceptable.
                      "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Yah, another thread about this.

Comment

It is correct that the squad hoping fix is not done by community request, it is done to aliviate what was not intended. Squad/spawn leaders was intended by EA/Dice to releive the massive spawn raping that has been so prevelant in the BF series, and this was good idea, however it has been abused and used as not intended just as bunny hopping and dolfin diving was not intended... so they are going to remedy this, but as i said earlier those who must don't fear there is a simple workaround as usual ::sigh::

Comment

In some interview in the early stages of the game, after the first patch or something, the developers mentioned that they consider this usage of the squadsystem an exploit. No, I don't have a link anymore, but still I know it and what they're doing in V1.3 shows that it's true. And you know why they didn't fix it before? Because they wanted to fix severe bugs first! That's what the DICE guy said in that interview. But now the time has come for squadhopping to be put into the bin.

The funny thing is, it actually took them more work than you'd expect to fix such a simple thing like disabling the leave/join/create squad functions while dead. That's why they postponed it for so long.

The even more funny thing is:
                            Many people who want to keep squadhopping said "Fix more important things first!"
                            Well, actually that's what they did (and I expect the red/blue thing to be gone in V1.3).
                            But now the other part of the squadhoppers screams: "You can't fix that so late now any more!"
                            So no matter if they fix it early or fix it late - you can't make everyone happy at the same time...

Comment

Of course there is, its called using your brain.

And I have to ask IMO, how do you say that dolphin diving / jumping / etc.. arent intended. I hated the spammed dolphin diving, but its basically gone, sure you can do it once or so, but the fix stopped what everyone was doing. But that and jumping have been around since the inception of this game (back to '42), its a arcade-style game, therefore it lacks on the realism scale. I just don't see where these features were not intended to be used.

And seeing this removed will only increase base/flag raping. Will be fun seeing tanks/apc's stay safely out of spawn killing everything in site while a couple infantry cap the flag. Can't wait.

Nothing like stifling the ingenuity of the games' players. Whether or not it was intended isnt the issue, but seeing something that was derived by the community killed by a patch says alot about being creative in the game. But as you said, there is a work around for it, which will be used in excess.

Comment

Working...
                              X