Refusing to install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refusing to install.

So I tried to install the latest patch. It goed through the wizard and some other screens, and then the windows just dissapear. It closes down the setup without an error message or anything at all.

So I removed BF2 to reinstall it and now it does accactly the same with the installation of BF2! I updated drivers of everything but still it doesn't work.
    I never had troubles before installing the game or patching it but since the last patch didn't work nothing does!

Anyone know anything about this?

Re: Refusing to install.

I'm having the same problem. First I tried reinstalling the game as I thought I had uninstalled it previously. I figured installshield closing was just their strange way of handling that it was already installed.

Downloaded the latest patch and tried to install it but received "Could not find Battlefield 2 installation folder." Alright, try a couple things but that still doesn't work.

I go to uninstall BF2 and the installshield closes on me. I manually delete it and go to reinstall, same thing. Installshield just shuts down. I know that people have had this happen in the past so any advice on how you solved it would be appreciated.

Edit: Ok, found the answer on how to fix this and have verified that it works. Installing as I'm typing this. Here's how to fix it:

"I had a similar problem with the demo. The solution that worked for me was going to:

C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information

and finding the folder associated with the BF2 demo and deleting it. I had to manually uninstall the demo from there. Reinstall worked afterwards.

So for the full BF2 game I "think" it should work the same way. I found the folder that was created when the game was installed, it is labled below:

{04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}

Open the single .ini file with notepad to verify it has the word Battlefield 2 in there somewhere...just in case it is a different folder than mine."

Comment

I don't have the installshield installation information folder on my PC.
      The only folder that has anything to do with the installshield doesn't contain any usefull ini files.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
        X