what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do?

what do u think i should do i need to buy a new video card. i would love to get a ati x1900xtx but i think sinking 500 bux into a card jsut for the real new stuff to come out wit directx 10 would be a waste. should i get the much cheaper 1800xt? or is the 1900xtx gonna be combatable wit directx 10. i am most likely gonna get a new card wit directx10 when it does come out. so help me out

Re: what to do?

i would wait until you find a directx 10 and pixel shader 4.0, thats what im doing
    ::quivers in excitement over pixel shader 4.0::

Comment

Wait, wait, wait. The bottom line is you can always wait and their will always be something better. Get a X1900XTX, because its an awsome card for BF2 as well as other games.

Comment

i would wait for a dx10 card....and with that..u can use the "3d desktop"??? in vista i think..so i would wait and a 6600 is a pretty decent card..wish i had one

Comment

see heres the thing i really want to wait but i have a 2nd comp that is only a

video card and cpu away so i am goin to upgrade this computers video card and put the

6600 in the 2nd comp. i really want the 1900xtx but i really am afraid to spend 500 on it

just to replace it next year as to y i was thinkein about the 1800xt.

Comment

If you know you want to upgrade to a DX10 card but desperatly want to upgrade now, do what I did. Buy the best value card you can get your hands on (in my case, it was the 7600GT OC, for you, find the ATI equivlent in price and power, or give into nvidia cravings and buy it, cause it's an awesome card for an AWESOME price) and sit on that card and wait until DX10 cards come out. When they come out, purchase those, sell the 7600 (or put it in the old computer) and continue on with life.

Comment

not a bad idea either.

Comment

Working...
              X