Rant time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant time.

Ok guys. I gotta vent for a minute. I love all you support guys and assaulters. Your great. But please, understand something. If you see a Sniper on a roof and he is engaging targets, do not go up there sit next to him and unload an entire belt at the enemy. All you've done is given away a position and possibly killed you both.

Im tired of it, get set up in a nice spot, got my six covered - then some smuck with an M249 runs up next to me and goes prone then proceeds to unload an entire belt of ammo. End result is always the same.

Re: Rant time.

good advice

Comment

Originally posted by phantasm11B
      Ok guys. I gotta vent for a minute. I love all you support guys and assaulters. Your great. But please, understand something. If you see a Sniper on a roof and he is engaging targets, do not go up there sit next to him and unload an entire belt at the enemy. All you've done is given away a position and possibly killed you both.

Im tired of it, get set up in a nice spot, got my six covered - then some smuck with an M249 runs up next to me and goes prone then proceeds to unload an entire belt of ammo. End result is always the same.
      maybe you shouldn't be a sniper, or if you are a sniper, maybe you should move around more often.

Comment

Yep. I agree. But you should move quite often, so just move as soon as he starts firing.

Comment

Very true. However, many people that play already know the typical sniper hiding spots. They really don't give away the position as much as you might think.

Comment

though I somewhat agree with rev. some players do the usual charge and spray method and dont take the time to look for the usual sniper spots, and a blaring support class tends to draw their attention much much than a few sniper shots

Comment

I've had some good success interntionally doing exactly what you're ranting about.

A buddy o mine and I like to play as a stand-off fire team, sometimes. He snipes, I go support. I feed him ammo, he makes the long shots. The PKM is still not a bad long range weapon, so I can usually help clean up his body shots. When we're in a good position, our combined firepower can be very effective.

Then the arty falls...

Comment

Yeah i gotsta agree with the guy that said move around. After getting a few kills i ALWAYS relocate because a good sniper always finds a new position after a kill(but this i bf2 so its after a few kills instead) and because the person you kill most likely will be looking for you in that area, so i just pack up and go.

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                  I've had some good success interntionally doing exactly what you're ranting about.

A buddy o mine and I like to play as a stand-off fire team, sometimes. He snipes, I go support. I feed him ammo, he makes the long shots. The PKM is still not a bad long range weapon, so I can usually help clean up his body shots. When we're in a good position, our combined firepower can be very effective.

Then the arty falls...
                  I hear ya. I do that kinda thing all the time but with me being a medic. I just dump my entire load of medic packs on the sniper and hide, whilst covering his flanks and rear with my g36e. As soon as the guy gets hit by another sniper, he uses one of my medic bags. I have lasted 5 minutes with a single sniper at the beach on wake. The sniper people here will know the spot i am talking about.

Comment

I move around often enough, it just bugs me when you got that head shot lined up and then you hear that M249 start talking in your ear. lol.

Comment

If for any reason a support or assault guy is at your location when you are a sniper - minus going the long way to a flag and probably not wanting to attract attention - then its probably not the best hiding place in the world.

I have not sniped much recently, but I generally have no problems with friendlies being anywhere near me at all.

Comment

My favorite thing is to join a sniper as a medic... I keep him healed, spot targets for him and pick off second or third enemies in groups that may be too much for the sniper alone...

I consider myself a sniper assistant when Im not actually behind the rifle myself...

The most points/time I ever got was as a medic for a sniper in Mashtuur City where the sniper was in and around the hotel engaged with 2 or 3 counter-snipers... he died, I revived, he got hit, I healed, I probably got 40 team points in 5 minutes from all the action we had... and it was every bit as fun as sniping myself... watching his name in the kill spam text was gratifying.

Comment

Hmm well 1 guy is a waste of Arti for a Commander, 2 is allready somewhat of a Target. Especially if the noisy bastard is allmost on top of you. If the guy doesnt move away from your sniper spot just knive him and be done with it
                          At least stay 50 feet away with your PKM and dont spam a gazillion Meds/Ammo while you are at it. Everybody can see them.
                          Furthermore all the 1337 snipers out there using vehicles to get into position, you might wanna take a moment and think about that Empty-Grey vehicle that just popped up on the enemy radar screen for all to see.

Comment

Working...
                          X