No squad hopping isnt so bad :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No squad hopping isnt so bad :)

Alright I have heard alot about how they shouldn't take squad hopping out and I supported this idea all the way. But tonight our clan decided to go ahead and practice for patch 1.3, so we just had a scrim with no squad hopping. It was actually pretty fun. Yes, the pace of the game was slowed down a bit, but again it was very fun. It forced you to think about your choices and decisions, which was good. We were still able to spawn on our SL though. And also the SL had to stay back and live so people could spawn on him, which was alright. Well, that's all I got to say. Oh yeah, If you dont believe me get a bunch of people together and jump on a empty, unranked server and try it out for yourselves.

Re: No squad hopping isnt so bad

It adds a bit of realism also. Your squadmates must fight to keep you alive if they want to keep their mobile spawnpoint.

Comment

It adds a bit of realism also. Your squadmates must fight to keep you alive if they want to keep their mobile spawnpoint.
      Exactly...but I was a SL one round and still went runnin n gunnin lol

Comment

Well, maybe its too much to hope for, but maybe there will actually be tactics post-1.3. But on the bright side, people will also have to think about who the squad leader is, so they don't get a new player who doesn't know what hes doing.

Comment

I had a couple great rounds last night playing as SL and not hopping at all. We kinda kicked a lot 'o arse.

Just for fun I pulled down a BR file from a round on Dragon Valley.
          Check it out, if yer interested: http://rapidshare.de/files/19490303/...y.bf2demo.html
          This is a fairly normal game for me. I didn't do as well as some rounds, but it shows some perty good squad work. My squadies we random people. No clan mates or players that I play with on a regular basis. We were on VOIP and communicating well, tho.

Excuse my HORRIBLE driving and a couple terrible "oopses", but what the heck it was good giggles.

Comment

how do i get a file off rapid share?

Comment

Originally posted by AP_piano295
              how do i get a file off rapid share?
              Scroll down, hit the Free button, wait for the counter to tick down, then enter the code.

I know, it's a pain, but free file hosting for things that aren't videos or pics is hard to dig up.

Comment

Not so fun being a Squadleader having to stay out of the action...or limit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                  Look up. See that file I uploaded?
                  Watch it.
                  I had a blast.

I didn't stay out of combat... I was always close to it. I just made sure that I wasn't going to be the focus of enemy attention whenever possible. I got dropped a couple times, but got revived by good 'mates more often than not. I didn't get a huge kill count or score, but I've never really cared about those things anyway.

Comment

Having a good medic in your squad is very helpfull (two of them even better). We always try to have a medic in our squad, when I play with my clan.

Comment

Originally posted by Harmor
                      The SL only needs to stay out or limit action when the squad is attacking a remote CP. On urban maps when there is another CP nearby, fight. When you're defending a base, fight. As someone else said, such a squad needs to have at least one medic...two is even better. With one medic, they need to understand and be willing to accept their primary role is to heal and revive...not be the G-36E toting Assault player.

Comment

Yeah without squad hopping you can come up with some cool and fun tactics. Punisher will know all about them, go 1AD/69th!!!

Spawn Bomb - SL takes fast mover to point... rest of squad waiting ready to spawn the instant SL orders.. insta cap. If the fast mover hits a mine or gets blown up... only costs 1 ticket.

Point defence support - While SL is enroute to point to take (perferably a far point behind enemy lines) squad mates spawn at a contested point to assist another squad. SL will notify squad 20-30 seconds before assault on new point is ready... Squad will die (perferably taking out the enemy with them) and wait for order to spawn on the SL to take the new point.

Squad hopping (not SL cycling) really only helps small 8v8 matches, in any other larger matches it makes much less of an impact. My personaly opinion is that if you have to squad hop, you are either playing on too large of a map for # of players you have or you have no patience taking the 1min it takes to get almost anywhere on the map.

Comment

the truth is those who want to keep squad hopping are not worried about using team work or military tactics they are worried about ease of scoring, i welcome the half step ea is putting in to slow down squad hopping, yes i said slow down the truth is it wont stop it merley slow it down...

Comment

all of this is exactly what i have been thinking...by not allowing you to change squads better cohesion can be created between a group of people that are like minded

however yeah having a crappy SL and people that just wont work together is a problem...but always has been and always will be

im happy to hear people are coming around to it since ive always been in favor of it!

Comment

Originally posted by =IMO=THJones
                              the truth is those who want to keep squad hopping are not worried about using team work or military tactics they are worried about ease of scoring...
                              That's what I've been trying to convey to them.
                              There's looking for the "easier" way to win.
                              Because of it's ease of use squadhopping has become the "tactic" of choice.
                              However, IMO this "tactic" has very little to do with skill on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X