Running a server without BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running a server without BF2

I saw somewhere on a forum, that a guy is asking for: How to host a dedicated linux server without having the BF2 CD/DVD itself. Another guy replied to his thread, with a link to something that's downloadable. I was a bit "Hmmm" over this, and I just want to hear if this is even allowed. Because if it's illegal, I'll tell him to get lost. I already told the other person, why he didn't just buy BF2. I mean, it's not even expensive at all..

Re: Running a server without BF2

Running a server without a copy of the game is perfectly legal...

Comment

Hmm okay, that's just nonsence in my ears. Ohh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackass
        Hmm okay, that's just nonsence in my ears. Ohh well.

Why, your not getting any enjoyment out of just running a server.

Comment

You are.. What if a friend/clan needs a server, and you've got several computers. Then you could easely set one up..

Comment

I must say that I am a bit confused by this thread overall. As JImmy stated, running a BF2 server on Linux or Windows is legal. There are programs called daemons that allow this. This is a good way to protect your disc.
            I don't understand the nonsense comment though. What is nonsense? The fact that you can do it at all? Or the fact that it's allowed?

Originally posted by Jackass
            You are.. What if a friend/clan needs a server, and you've got several computers. Then you could easely set one up..
            Those computers better be some heavy duty machines with plenty of RAM and CPU power. Preferably a motherboard with dual CPU's and at least 4 GB of RAM. Aside from this your internet connection should not be a home connection like DSL or cable otherwise you can expect to lag like crazy. Im still confused by your post though...LOL!

Comment

Working...
            X